What's new

What Lather Bowl Did You Use Today

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Captain’s Choice copper heavyweight bowl. I can’t wait to get that turquoise patina on my bowl. Love the way this thing holds heat. Quality piece of equipment. Would not be without one.
How do you preheat yours, if you don’t inind my asking? I turn mine upside down and run hot water on it while I’m soaking my brush and arranging my kit, but it seems to still cool down by my second pass.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Captain’s Choice Obsidian

IMG_5986.jpeg

How do you preheat yours, if you don’t inind my asking? I turn mine upside down and run hot water on it while I’m soaking my brush and arranging my kit, but it seems to still cool down by my second pass.
I soak my brush in the bowl (with hot water) prior to whipping up a lather. And yes, it does cool some by the second pass. But a quick float in the hot sink water can bring the bowl right back (though I rarely do that as hot lather isn't critical to my shaving bliss). But I always wet the brush tip with hot water before whipping up a second pass lather. That heavy gauge copper bowl hangs onto heat way better than any ceramic mug I've ever tried.

I've been using this bowl for several years now. Before her, I tried different bowls and bowls, both plastic and ceramic. But so far I have not found anything better than to order this bowl from a local craftsman. It fits very comfortably in your hand, and it makes an excellent foam. And most importantly, this bowl exists in a single copy.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I am mightily enjoying my brain bowl of Martin de Candre Original. The soap is still half an inch above the rim. It was started, as I recall, in early April.

I've been using this bowl for several years now. Before her, I tried different bowls and bowls, both plastic and ceramic. But so far I have not found anything better than to order this bowl from a local craftsman. It fits very comfortably in your hand, and it makes an excellent foam. And most importantly, this bowl exists in a single copy.

Lovely! And as you point out, it's the only one!

Top Bottom