What's new

What Lather Bowl Did You Use Today

An old, empty Proraso green tub. Today I dropped a blop of Old Spice Lime shave cream and lathered up.
Next time it might be Clubman Shave cream...

It beats my old Chobani yogurt container....

My CaYuan Lathering Dish arrived today! It looks gorgeous. Seems I need a few more practices to unleash its potential. I'm still too used to slow-feeder bowl lathering ...

It's already working decent, making enough lather for multiple passes (although probably doesn't look like it in my video above; I used that lather to shave and it's really slick)

After I shaved I tried to lather with my accustomed slow-feeder bowl for a quick comparison. Now I think I should try add more water, and I'm feeling that the effect of those large fins of slow-feeding bowl are not mixing lather with air, but actually extracting lather from the brush, like scraping the brush on the rim of bowl.
Congratulations! It will take a few times using it to get dialed in with making lather. But then... enjoy!!!!!

An old, empty Proraso green tub. Today I dropped a blop of Old Spice Lime shave cream and lathered up.
Next time it might be Clubman Shave cream...

It beats my old Chobani yogurt container....
Old Spice Lime, so nice!
And I for one like Chobani.

Captain's Choice Copper Lather Bowl
IMG_7189.jpg

Love my heavy stainless Basispet dog bowl.
The size and shape are perfect.
I can swirl around, or push straight down on the sides.
The smoothness and gradual curves make lather in no time.

”I don’t need no stinking ridges!”View attachment 1877047
Looks like a winner! I bet if you set it in warm water for a minute you'd get a nice warm lather.
And I like you quoting John Wayne: "I don't need no stinking ridges!":lol:

Top Bottom