What's new

Shield Razors (Titanium,316 SS & Aluminum)

Just received an aluminum Shield Gem razor and it is excellent. Shaves just as good and maybe better than the stainless steel Gem razor. I thought it might be too light but it is fine and works great. The shipping seems much faster from Shield than other vendors on aliexpress. With the recent sale the aluminum gem was only $34 delivered and they put 10 coated Gem blades in the box too! I don't know who this uniuni delivery company is but they delivered it at 1:30 am to my mailbox. Crazy time for a delivery but fine with me.

For anyone interested in a Shield razor:
I wanted to buy the brass GEM today and it showed out of stock.
I checked the stainless & aluminum ones out of curiosity and they're also showing out
of stock (razor heads & handles).
Brass, stainless & aluminum are 3 separate links!
Then I did a search on Aliexpress and nothing.
Finally found a link (to the main Shield store on Aliexpress) while doing a Google search
and it links you to an error page.
I don't know what happened but the store no longer exists and the individual links for the
razors show as "items no longer available".
So I guess no more Shield?

For anyone interested in a Shield razor:
I wanted to buy the brass GEM today and it showed out of stock.
I checked the stainless & aluminum ones out of curiosity and they're also showing out
of stock (razor heads & handles).
Brass, stainless & aluminum are 3 separate links!
Then I did a search on Aliexpress and nothing.
Finally found a link (to the main Shield store on Aliexpress) while doing a Google search
and it links you to an error page.
I don't know what happened but the store no longer exists and the individual links for the
razors show as "items no longer available".
So I guess no more Shield?
That sucks. I wanted one of his razor stands. Not sure if you were having the same problem but nothing was really loading properly from the ali website. Hopefully it’s just a website error.

That sucks. I wanted one of his razor stands. Not sure if you were having the same problem but nothing was really loading properly from the ali website. Hopefully it’s just a website error.
Nope, everything else loads right for me except the link for the actual Shield store.
It shows "something went wrong". But the individual pages for the razors work fine but show
all items as no longer available. I guess it can be a bug and that's what I'm hoping too.
I checked other razor stores like Yaqi and they seem to be working fine.
I'll monitor it for the next few days to see what happens.
I've had and have the DE's and Gem in multiple metals but I'm missing the brass GEM.
I've never had any issues purchasing from them.
Hope I can get the one I'm missing from them at some point!

Took a look at aliexpress and couldn't find his items nor store.

Took a look at his Instagram web page and noticed he has set his account to "private" now. Not sure what's going on, maybe he's on hiatus? Hope he's okay.
1000002408.jpg

For anyone wondering, I messaged Mike on AliExpress (was able to reply to a previous message I sent him some months ago, even though his store is gone from the site.)

Seems he is relocating his business to his hometown and plans to open a new shop. He didn't mention exactly when or whether it'd be through AliExpress again or not, but will follow up with him when he has more information. At least it looks like he's coming back at some point.

What does he mean by hundreds though? That he has hundreds in stock?
He uses a translator and apparently not everything is translated correctly.
The hundreds means he has about 100 handles in stock that are included free when purchasing through the
link he set up in his store. Only thing is that you can't pick the handle model but that's fine, it's free!
I just received my first one this morning (Sunday delivery by some weird delivery company):
The Brass Gem!
$35 with the free handle and free shipping. Can't beat it!
And the "Barely seconds" thing I guess means that the free handle is an imperfect second (B-stock!)
I'm questioning that now since my handle arrived in immaculate condition and was wrapped just like the
normal new ones.
Either way it's a fantastic deal.
My brass DE with the free handle should arrive in the next couple of days!

Brass_GEM.jpg

Last edited:
I might order the AC and DE in brass just to have all the different razors he makes in brass. Free handle is a no brainer. Thanks Lrod! Quick shipping if you ordered on August 3rd and it was delivered. Let us know how you like the brass GEM and how it compares to the old Sabre.

I might order the AC and DE in brass just to have all the different razors he makes in brass. Free handle is a no brainer. Thanks Lrod! Quick shipping if you ordered on August 3rd and it was delivered. Let us know how you like the brass GEM and how it compares to the old Sabre.
Yes the shipping was super fast. I was surprised as compared to the other ones I've bought from him before.
I just checked and unfortunately he's out of the AC brass with the free handle. All that's left in brass is the GEM, SE and DE.
He's got a couple of stainless models left as well!
Shield GEM compared to the Sabre:
I think I've written about it before somewhere. I have the stainless and have had the aluminum & titanium.
My Sabre was Level 2 and the Shield is the better razor (in terms of shave quality). I've since sold the Sabre!!
Smoother shave and more efficiency because of the increased blade gap & exposure.
The post on the Sabre is better as it is smoother to thread and of course the Sabre's excellent finish.
Funny though that on the brass I got today, the threading seems as smooth.
Hope it shaves as good as the stainless one!

Last edited:
Yes the shipping was super fast. I was surprised as compared to the other ones I've bought from him before.
I just checked and unfortunately he's out of the AC brass with the free handle. All that's left in brass is the GEM, SE and DE.
He's got a couple of stainless models left as well!
Shield GEM compared to the Sabre:
I think I've written about it before somewhere. I have the stainless and have had the aluminum & titanium.
My Sabre was Level 2 and the Shield is the better razor (in terms of shave quality). I've since sold the Sabre!!
Smoother shave and more efficiency because of the increased blade gap & exposure.
The post on the Sabre is better as it is smoother to thread and of course the Sabre's excellent finish.
Funny though that on the brass I got today, the threading seems as smooth.
Hope it shaves as good as the stainless one!
I ordered a SE, DE and GEM in brass.

Top Bottom