What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Stomper
Rubie (11)

DSCF6214_1.JPG

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Wednesday, June 5th 2024

Razor : Valet Auto-strop C1 Canadian variant. Mfg 1920's, mid range & upper mid range. This razor was abused by previous owners and I fixed it best as I could to be used 100 years later. I did modify the gap from 11/1000 to 7/1000 inch to help smooth the shave out. Had a close and comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (modified), very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to use .
Soap : Razorock Don Marco, distinct citrus scents with great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever help full" 22 mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, very nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici :001_wub: splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Valet auto-strop C1 model razor with a modified Gem coated blade.
SOTD June 5 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20240606_090811.jpg

20240510_071506~3.jpg

Schick G6
PAL Premium Edge(1)

Scalpmaster boar
VDH Luxury soap
RazoRock alum
Dickinson's witch hazel
Nos Avon Windjammer AS

My third shave with any type of injector. Two days prior it was a PAL Injecto-matic. The vintage blades are all I have just now. The injector format is growing on me. I have the feeling I'll never get nicks or weepers with one of these.

Razor: Feather Single II 400S-1B Injector Razor
Blade: Feather Single Sputtom Injector blade
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Razorock New York
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20240605_080356.jpg

Top Bottom