What's new

Shave Music

Saw Michael Franti at the Santa Cruz Mountain Sol Festival tonight. Will be my music for tomorrow!

IMG_2403.jpeg

Lots of great selections posted, but I prefer the sounds of silence, backed up by the singing of the razor blade as it sweeps away my beard.

Smoke on the Water... oh yeah!!

Absolutely great album. I'm going to say that "Lazy" is the my favorite song on Machine Head...love the duel between Blackmore on guitar and Lord on the keyboard, of course "Highway Star", "Space Truckin'", and "Smoke on the Water" are certainly rock classics.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Music while shaving is not really my thing. I have no stereo equipment in my bathroom (I could use my cell phone if it were upstairs, but it's usually on the charger at that point - and I wonder if it likes a steamy room). I don't often enjoy background music (I think it was Ormandy who called it aural molasses). But the bigger problem would probably be the exhaust fan, which is pretty much directly over my head.

But yesterday I was shaving in the afternoon after golf (I dislike sunscreen right after my shave) and my wife was in the bedroom with Mahler 1 literally blasting on the stereo in there. I was shaving near the end of the last movement, which is pretty dramatic, and found it difficult to concentrate on the task at hand. Being a conductor, I like to help the stereo out on the dramatic parts by conducting the orchestra (who have obviously already recorded the music and can't see me - but that doesn't stop me). Not good to conduct and shave at the same time!

Top Bottom