What's new

Restoration of a Gillette Slim Adjustable - looking for feedback and recommendations

I won an auction for an H-3 Gillette Slim Adjustable. (I wanted that particular quarter.) I knew from the pictures that it would not be one for me to scrub and put into service. I looked at Razor Emporium's website about their restoration service.

1. Has anybody used Razor Emporium. If so, what did you think of the results?

2. If you used a different service, please share your experience.

3. If I go with Razor Emporium, should I pay extra to get the Rhodium plating?

I will likely shave with the finished razor occasionally. It won't be my daily driver.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Opinions are divided - some are in favour, and some are so strongly against that they would not purchase replating services, or anything else, from RE.

I have no experience of such services, but I would seek an alternative supplier, and if I were replating then I would choose the original plating material. Good luck.

I've had a 1936 Aristocrat ruined by Razor Emporium. They ruined both the plating & the tuneup of the mechanics. The mechanics are now unusable & unable to be repaired. As a result, my 1936 Articrat is unusable & worthless! Consider using Back Roads Gold to get your slim replated or to do the tuneup service. Don't be tempted to get the RE rhodium service, get the nickle from Back Roads Gold.

I’ve read a lot of horror stories from RE, haven’t been too impressed with the excessively thick plating they use (and how it dulls the finer details) and the price.

I’m very familiar with backroadsgold.
IMG_6025.jpeg
IMG_7029.jpeg

Top Bottom