What's new

Proraso Green Summer

7 days of stubble
Preshave: Proraso Green and Flairisol mist of water
Brush: RV Shaving 25 mm STF in Strawberry Amber
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper bowl plus face lathering
Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / @Rosseforp GTB 19.2 Gram handle
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (9)
Splash: Proraso Green

9.8/10 DFS+ great shave

One red spot that did not bleed. Nil alum feedback. Zero splash feedback. Met for brunch at 11 and made it 15 minutes early for once. I used even less cream this time and still had plenty to lather up for multiple passes. It was a little less than a cm dab of cream. Cream was more hydrated, but, less voluminous today. Still wonderful results and very close shave today. I didn't have to work for it although my mustache area was uncomfortable and where the red spot was. A truly highly efficient shave with the WR2 1.25 SB. It has sat on the sideline for a couple weeks where I have used the PAA Artifact for a few weeks. Best results with the WR2 in a long time. I didn't use the trimmer for before my shower and just used the mister to soak my face. Proraso really works for me with the misting spray bottle. As does starting with the bowl and finishing lathering on my face for each pass.

Last edited:
Six days of stubble
Preshave: Face wash with Yardley English Lavender in the shower, Proraso Green and Flairisol mist of water liberally used
Brush: Shavemac 24 mm / 54 mm two band silvertip DO1 in Copper Canyon
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper bowl plus face lathering hybrid
Cream: Proraso Green with use of Flairisol mister each pass
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / @Rosseforp GTB 19.2 Gram handle
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (10)
Splash: Proraso Green with a ton of menthol crystals added to freeze my face

9.8/10 DFS+ Great shave except for trouble spots on either side of my mouth and neck swirls of doom.

I saw a spot of red after my XTG pass that didn't bleed any and didn't show up by the end of the shave. Three passes. N-S every which way XTG, ATG. This was a great shave and the WR2 1.25 SB with the GTB handle just rocked. This should be my last shave at home till the fourteenth. First use of the Yardley English Lavender soap. A hit and a miss. I have to get through two bars of this stuff. Luckily they don't seem to be triple milled. It seems like good soap just not my favorite scent. I moved the St Johns Vetiver to the sink with the Barrister & Mann Oh Scrap! Fern. It is getting used up. It is still in one piece, but, not for long. I used even less Proraso cream this shave. It was plenty hydrated, but, just a bit thin. I will use a tiny dab more next time. Alum was nil feedback. Splash didn't sting either. All is well. Spoiler on shave ten is still sharp and smooth.

IMG_2995.jpeg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
There's a tip I'd like to share with my B&B friends regarding a post shave treatment combo I've been experimenting lately with Proraso Green products. After you apply the Green Aftershave Lotion also apply a little quantity of Green Pre-shave Cream upon and rub all over the shaven area. Your skin will feel extra refreshed and moisturized! Give it a try and let me know!

There's a tip I'd like to share with my B&B friends regarding a post shave treatment combo I've been experimenting lately with Proraso Green products. After you apply the Green Aftershave Lotion also apply a little quantity of Green Pre-shave Cream upon and rub all over the shaven area. Your skin will feel extra refreshed and moisturized! Give it a try and let me know!
Nice, very nice.....thank you for the suggestion!

Can confirm. Lovely finish to a superb shave. Grazie Marco!

Top Bottom