What's new

OCtober 2024 — Opening Our Hearts; and Combs; to Happy Razor Fun Time

Playing catch up here. Tabac, Cooper razor with Kai(5) blade and, AP brush handle with Muhle stf knot. Pretty good! The Cooper isn’t meant to house a standard DE blade but with some convincing I made it work.
**Crosspost from Tabactober**

IMG_4952.jpeg

OCtober Day 6

Head shave:
Mühle R41
FlyDear Super Platinum (1)

Single pass, good enough

Face shave:
Gillette Senator
Astra SP (2)

Two passes, DFS

Easygoing Sunday shave.

I've been rotating through my collection using Astras on a 2-day cycle to give a baseline evaluation for each razor. I'm basically done with that now (well, until I buy another razor!), so I'm moving on to a new rotation with Nacets starting tomorrow. I've set it up so I'll be using OCs every day for the entire month.

2024-10-06 08.41.07-1.jpg

Lambda Athens / BIC Astor
View attachment 1922869

I am such a tool. I remembered that it is OCtober before posting this, but well, that's what I used for shaving today.

While shaving, I was intensively thinking about open combs and that the scalloped bar is actually like an open comb with safety bar...! 😉🙈

A bit milder than the Ares, not quite as efficient, but what a beauty. The large handle is very groppy and one only feels the weight going ATG. For people who like it light I am afraid they must pay $$$ for titanium, the handle is massive.

Today I recharged my healthy blue skin color with glycerine and blue food color in my Bandido shaving gel.
Hi,

We call that design style Closed Comb. ;)

I don't think this yearly event makes the distinction.

Stan

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (3)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic
Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented soap - Mama Bear’s Cedarwood
Soap: Tabac tallow
Aftershave: Witch hazel - Bootleggers Vanilla Bay Rum
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

IMG_4073.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Trying to think about open comb razors even once this month (not even succeeding) is the most important requirement, @KQY61

With that, @Iridian could think about an open comb razor, buy Lambda Ares V2 razors in all the metals and mail them unprompted to @hopper_64 , and then shave with his safety bar bearing Lambda Athena and that would be perfectly in the spirit of this event.

Top Bottom