What's new

July 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Dropping by to say I’m still in. I opened my Mike’s No Scent a couple of days ago. It shaves very well but I prefer a scented version. I achieved shave #599 on my Feather Blade yesterday.
I haven’t been posting or keeping up with responses, so I may stop signing up for restraints and just drop in to visit occasionally. I haven’t been tempted to buy gear, but it is extremely difficult to restock my soap on restocking dates since supplies have a very limited availability window. This might not affect me this year since I tried to buy enough to make it through December due to GRUYERE. But even then, one of the new brands I purchased is not shaving well and I may end up getting rid of the unopened puck and violate the monthly and yearly restrictions by buying another brand. (The questionable soap would probably work fine if I shaved with new blades).
Maybe work a trade (or two)? And knowing your soap-related restrictions, we have allowed for mid-month restocking in the past. Just something to keep in mind... :)

It's a wrap...

Made it through another GRUME. As I submit myself to these restraints, I am realizing I have a great rotation gear, I have all the razors, brushes, soaps, and aftershave I need for a long long time. I truly appreciate my gear more now that I'm not thinking of the next great thing. The only thing I'd need to restock is my aftershave balm, but I have enough to make it through September or longer likely. Blades, I don't have a ton but I have about 500, which will last me quite some time as well. Anywho, I'll be hanging round these parts for a while.

IMG_3562.jpeg

July 2024 GRUME 26/31
1967 Gillette Slim Adj• Gillette Platinum (2)• The Watcher• Yaqi Caramel 26mm Two Band Badger• Details.

Made it thru July Grume, last shave of the month (head):

Eversharp Hydro-magic ’500’
Schick Injector (10)
Shavemac Silvertip DO1
Maca Root & Aloe
Williams Aqua Velva

IMG-DSC_6416 (2).JPG

Finished the Maca Root cream today, just in time for Arko August :)

IMG-DSC_6422.JPG

Congrats to all who made it and hope to see you all in the August Grume!

Cheers :cool:

Day 31, 100% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Nivea Men Shaving Creme
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

I used Nivea cream for a change. Finished the month with an easy near-BBS.

Congratulations if you made it! Hope to see some of you over on the Autumn GRUME thread.

Top Bottom