What's new

Discontinued Shaving Products

I heard all Arko products will be discontinued.
This would be devastating to cheapskates worldwide, myself included. Do you have a source for this? Last time I heard something was being discontinued, it cost me a fortune and now I have a bunker full of Old Spice original scent aftershave and underarm deodorant. That rumor turned out to be false, but the hay bale of money I spent on the product was real. Granted, I could run out and buy fifty Arko sticks for a fraction of what I spent on the Old Spice fiasco. But at some point, these discontinuation rumors are going to start adding up. I'm not running a warehouse here.

I heard all Arko products will be discontinued.
That makes no sense. What is your basis for that statement?

Arko is made by multinational manufacturer Evyap and is one of their major brands. They have expanded the Arko brand across a wide range of modern razors, shaving creams and gels in addition to the venerable Arko shaving soap sticks that many here enjoy using. Highly unlikely a multinational company like this would walk away from such a significant brand investment. It's current corporate video calls "Arko Men the undisputed leader in its league since 1957"

Note that in my 2022 post I noted that the shaving sticks were now a tiny part of their business and appeared to be de-emphasized in their assortment. As a result it's quite possible the sticks could be discontinued at some point similar to other old school shaving soaps across the globe. This is very different than your statement that all Arko products will be discontinued.

I posted about them a couple of years ago (1st link below) and you can see all the Arko branded products on the English version of their website (2nd link). Arko Men website is the third link below. Note their 2015 relaunch of the brand and wide range of shaving products.

Interesting Evyap (makes Arko) Corporate Video (in English) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/interesting-evyap-makes-arko-corporate-video-in-english.630229/

Anasayfa - Evyap - https://www.evyap.com.tr/en

I thought I had seen something put out by either Mr Razor or Razor Emporium that it was in 63 or 64. Though if it was RE it might be a little suspicious and it’s been awhile since I’ve seen that tidbit so my memory might be faulty

I thought I had seen something put out by either Mr Razor or Razor Emporium that it was in 63 or 64. Though if it was RE it might be a little suspicious and it’s been awhile since I’ve seen that tidbit so my memory might be faulty
Because they were talking about Gillette US. They made the old design for 1-2 years more. You can find on Ebay H-4 (1962) US Techs with the old design.

But it all started in Europe.
This is a Tech made in Germany for (mostly) France. G-1

Tech G-1-cap.jpg
Tech G-1-plate.jpg

Everything with tallow in it.

Here's what I would suggest. There are a ton of threads on discontinued soaps and creams. Do a 'title' search of the word "discontinued" in 'soaps & creams', compile the list and have people add to the list you generate.

If you don't have a starting list, we are just going to end up with 387 posts of soaps and creams with 1/2 being redundant naming of brands.

Do some initial ground work, lay the foundation, do it right.

+1! And I will likely say some unkind things when I run out of ‘tallow’ MWF!!:sob::sob::sob:

Top Bottom