What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2023!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that picture of the whole roundup was more a confession than a boast. Some of each no doubt. :001_rolle

My defense: I saved so much money from the late sixties to the early nineties, hand-me-down razor, Williams Mug, one drugstore cheapie boar, store brand (cough, Personna) blades. Now I can indulge in a whole feed lot worth of hogs.

Plus I had hogs for playmates as a semi-Hoosier boy. Pro tip, don't get in the pen and rassle with them.
Oh no I hope you didn't my comment that way, if you did sorry about that, I did not mean it in that way, honest. I think its awesome you had that many boar brushes! I really do, and if I didn't, I would not have commented the way I did so if I came across that way sorry, I did not mean to. I enjoy when people post stuff, whether its 1 item or many they have accumulated, I enjoy it all personally because it always nice to see and if something catches my eye for later on plus I enjoy it myself to see. My comment was 100% meant to be a compliment and sorry that my humor (as I have a light hearted sense of humor) does not translate that way into words.

It was meant to be a compliment so again I'll be more careful next time when posting like that because I thought my following comments would bolster that.

You very much can do as you please so I do like the backstory but regardless that many boar brushes is impressive (very positive).

Lastly, I will take your advice, and not wrestle/rassle with a hog. :001_smile

Did not mean to derail thread, will keep comments and bacon likes more in line. :001_smile

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Cape 1372, software was 3P and a Zenith Pro boar knot in an @oscar11 handle is kicking off ‘Decemboar’ for me. Harris Arlington AS finished up.

IMG_0059.jpeg

SOTD December 2nd 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪
December 2023 GRUME
DecemBOAR 2023 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗
Gillette Silver Blue I Love You!
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends

A warm sunny Saturday afternoon. Perfect day for SV Anniversary 70th, Semogue SOC Mistura, Greencult 2.0 plate IV, Gillette Silver Blue (4) and Brut Oceans. A shave so deep that it almost touched my soul…

With us, the masterful Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
❤️🪒

0552EAA7-3544-4F87-A01A-9D063D88A087.jpeg
IMG_3570.jpeg

Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea
Brush: Zenith 507U XSE

I wanted to make Decemboar special, so in early November, I put away my small boat collection. This unbleached boar is my favorite boar brush, and maybe my favorite brush period. I love the sandalwood handle. My Zenith brushes are denser than my Omega brushes, and I find that the Zeniths hold lather better. The Dead Sea is also a favorite with a subtle scent.

At the end of NOCvember, I trashed an Astra Platinum. Today featured a 7 O'clock with a bunch of shaves on it. In the past I've found The Final Cut a bit intimidating, but at least with this blade, no incidents. Just a good, close shave.

2023-12-02 14.05.40.jpg

I'm in for a few shaves :cool:

1.@SharpieB
2.@Jayson74
3.@Balin
4.@Sinnbad11
5.@Phoenixkh
6.@ewk
7.@Ravenonrock
8.@Fiumi23
9. @InkStainWretch
10.@MaineYooper
11.@dmshaver
12.@GNR
13.@nvita
14.@awk_m4
15.@Lee Van Cleft
16.@Macchina Spia
17.@md1234
18.@Beto Salatini
19.@TJT
20.@J-MN
21.@SmokedStanley
22.@ZENZERO
23.@DavidN88
24.@Slock
25.@Campione di Capua
26.@SwamperWI
27.@r0hanxo
28.@Woody Nickels
29.@purecro
30.@leverspro
31.@flask28
32.@Tanuki
33.@VerbaVolant
34.@Opolare
35.@Lil Cooties
36.@La Malice
37.@jkaboom
38.@lasta
39.@ralph029
40.@BSawhill
41.@PintoPlain
42.@cajunrph
43.@madmedic
44.@StoutME
45.@ivan_101
46.@dnallehekaj
47.@Mr_Konrad_Dundee
48.@Mannic
49.@Goblin
50.@Guido75
51.@Rosseforp
52.@tjsgarden
53.@zoidberg
54.@Steel2It
55.@Jman1975
56.@Andris83
57.@hopper_64

Todays shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Gillette Slim adjustable

Blade: GSB

Soap/cream Abbate Y La Mantia Matteo 9,11

Brush: Semogue 1305
Balm: Thayers Milky Face Toner

Aftershave: Fine Latigo

BBS

Oh no I hope you didn't my comment that way, if you did sorry about that, I did not mean it in that way, honest. I think its awesome you had that many boar brushes! I really do, and if I didn't, I would not have commented the way I did so if I came across that way sorry, I did not mean to. I enjoy when people post stuff, whether its 1 item or many they have accumulated, I enjoy it all personally because it always nice to see and if something catches my eye for later on plus I enjoy it myself to see. My comment was 100% meant to be a compliment and sorry that my humor (as I have a light hearted sense of humor) does not translate that way into words.

It was meant to be a compliment so again I'll be more careful next time when posting like that because I thought my following comments would bolster that.

You very much can do as you please so I do like the backstory but regardless that many boar brushes is impressive (very positive).

Lastly, I will take your advice, and not wrestle/rassle with a hog. :001_smile

Did not mean to derail thread, will keep comments and bacon likes more in line. :001_smile

I did not take your comment badly at all. No way you were out of line. So now I'm feeling like I didn't express myself well and was sounding defensive!

Like most anybody on a shaving forum, I'm taking my interests and accumulations with some humor and a grain of salt.

If anything, I was slightly guilty of teasing @ivan_101 , who I suspect knows more Omega brush numbers than anyone. And who might own a few Omegas as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom