What's new

December 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

12-5-23 Tuesday

Razor: Overlander
Blade: Perma-sharp (3)
Soap: RR The Dead Sea
Brush: APshaveco Mistura(1)
Pre: Shower
20231206_004900.jpg

20231206_004617.jpg

Newly arrived and part of my November fail. A brush from @apshaveco Semogue mistura knot mounted in a Sith handle. This handle is just gorgeous, glossy black, swirls of red, and hints of smoke throughout...wow.
The knot is fantastic, I understand why the SOC mistura is so popular.

Be well
Jay

Date06.12.2023
365 daily shaves
340/365
DecemBOAR05/31
DEcember06/31
Lasta’s Blade Stash09/32

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94Voshkod (1)Omega 10098
🆕
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8/10 (DFS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - Another very fine shave today as I realised this is my 2 year DE shaving anniversary. A great way to celebrate with the Rocca.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!
Big fan of the 10098!
One can lather one's face from across the room
the ice pirates shaving GIF by Warner Archive

SOTD December 6th 🍺🥤🧃🍸
December 2023 GRUME
DecemBOAR 2023 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗
Double Edge DEcember 2023

Hello friends

Summer approaches.

In honor of this week's SOTD theme, I chose the classic Stirling MITA, a soap with an intoxicating aroma. Last week I received 100 Silver Star blades that I purchased blindly, driven by the good reviews I read here. I confess that as I am very used to Gillette blades and had never tried any from Lord, I was a little apprehensive. Besides, my reference had been the GSB that I used during the splendid Gillette Silver Blue I Love You! week. I chose to keep the same razor that I have been using most frequently: Greencult 2.0 plate II, which due to the positive exposure of 0.10 mm ends up being demanding on the blade. I must say that I was positively surprised, even though it doesn't have the same smoothness as a Silver Blue and isn't as sharp as a Nacet, for example, the Silver Star gave me a great shave with no cuts or bleeding, leaving my skin perfect. I really liked it!

Contemplating this magnificent event that is DecemBOAR 2023, I chose the Semogue SOC Butterscoth that I left to soak all night. Wonderful as always.

With us at this sublime event, the great J. J. Johnson.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice evening and great shaves.
❤️🪒

7D23567C-CAB2-46F2-B1C3-BDD24D23C89F.jpeg
IMG_3683.jpeg

SOTD December 6th 🍺🥤🧃🍸
December 2023 GRUME
DecemBOAR 2023 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗
Double Edge DEcember 2023

Hello friends

Summer approaches.

In honor of this week's SOTD theme, I chose the classic Stirling MITA, a soap with an intoxicating aroma. Last week I received 100 Silver Star blades that I purchased blindly, driven by the good reviews I read here. I confess that as I am very used to Gillette blades and had never tried any from Lord, I was a little apprehensive. Besides, my reference had been the GSB that I used during the splendid Gillette Silver Blue I Love You! week. I chose to keep the same razor that I have been using most frequently: Greencult 2.0 plate II, which due to the positive exposure of 0.10 mm ends up being demanding on the blade. I must say that I was positively surprised, even though it doesn't have the same smoothness as a Silver Blue and isn't as sharp as a Nacet, for example, the Silver Star gave me a great shave with no cuts or bleeding, leaving my skin perfect. I really liked it!

Contemplating this magnificent event that is DecemBOAR 2023, I chose the Semogue SOC Butterscoth that I left to soak all night. Wonderful as always.

With us at this sublime event, the great J. J. Johnson.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice evening and great shaves.
❤️🪒

View attachment 1759930View attachment 1759931
Beto… you have great taste, brother. Especially in music! I’m feeling my ‘ol pal Frank today. Oh, and I really like the brush, as well
IMG_1604.png

Still in (of course!)

I took a deep dive into my shave today with some usual suspects. I thought the Parker blade would be done at six but it has another shave to go before tossing. I think I am finally getting to know which blades go well with each of my razors. Anyways, a very nice shave today with a fluffy Proraso souffle. I am also finally realizing the Proraso loves water.

IMG_7809.jpg

Beto… you have great taste, brother. Especially in music! I’m feeling my ‘ol pal Frank today. Oh, and I really like the brush, as well View attachment 1759934

Ol' blue eyes, so many good songs.
Much of his stuff predates me by a few years but my folks listened to him...a lot, along with other greats like Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
One of my favorite clips is him singing with Ella Fitzgerald, back when entertainment wasn't so scripted and just honest to goodness talent...not all that extra crap that many of today's "musicians" depend on to sound average at best.

Ol' blue eyes, so many good songs.
Much of his stuff predates me by a few years but my folks listened to him...a lot, along with other greats like Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons.
One of my favorite clips is him singing with Ella Fitzgerald, back when entertainment wasn't so scripted and just honest to goodness talent...not all that extra crap that many of today's "musicians" depend on to sound average at best.

Predates me as well but, the music was a staple in our household and therefore, I grew up enjoying it. Definitely a quality of music that is rare these days.

Top Bottom