What's new

Beer of the day - BOTD - 2024

Misty Rose framboise and Cirrus white IPA from Brasserie du Grillen while in Colmar.
And then really dug the framboise from Brasserie du Paye Welches.

IMG_2779.jpeg

IMG_2782.jpeg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I enjoy that one as well but I'm one and done with it as well. :)
I usually only drink with my BFF, as we usually eat together 2-3 times a week, but I went to the beverage center and they had French Toast Bastard on tap. I tried to buy 2 crowlers, but the keg kicked in the middle of the second one. The crowlers generally last a pretty good length of time, but not half full of air - so I had to make the ultimate sacrifice and drink that half with dinner. Magnanimous? Yes, I know - but that's how I roll.

"Backwoods Bastard gets the full-fledged breakfast treatment! Our malty and rich bourbon barrel-aged Scotch ale is introduced to the essence of smooth maple, warm cinnamon and notes of sweet vanilla for an incredibly decadent brunch-inspired sipper. One taste and you’d swear you were digging into your Sunday morning French toast. Breakfast for dinner, anyone?"

More beers while in the Lauterbrunnen valley of Switzerland… have taken advantage of our balcony for some very nice views
IMG_3010.jpeg
IMG_3195.jpeg

Had a casual lunch beer by the river
IMG_3046.jpeg

And had a flight of several locals while waiting out some rain in one of the mountain towns. This was Jungfrau helles and rotes, and the SchwarzMönch schwarzbier
IMG_3180.jpeg

20240907_203602.jpeg

The brewery has borne its name since 1751: the owner of the property at the time supplied the Bishop of Regensburg with food as the "Kuchlpaur". Thus the naming "Kuchlbauer" of the brewery, which is owned in 9th generation now.
A very lively wheat beer... delicious!
And what a nice colour!
🍻

Last edited:
Stopped in Sarasota on the way back from Tampa this evening. Big Top Brewing has opened a new location on the east side of I-75 on Fruitville Road. Looking forward to more stops here! The beer is Naughty Monks (brewery purchased by Big Top) Trécouche, a Belgian Strong Ale.

Attachments

• IMG_3965.jpeg
    IMG_3965.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3966.jpeg
    IMG_3966.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Top Bottom