What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

Yes rushing the postman is not socially acceptable. Good that you were able to contain yourself.
Baby steps!
1000006071.gif

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .74 OC
Kai 2
Classic 2 Super
1000006080.jpg

Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

I think I set a new record for myself today! Speed shave and shower in 17 minutes. I was only 2 mins late for my work call! The resulting no alum or aftershave feedback was a surprise considering the speed.

After that call I had to rush off to the dentist to get two more fillings replaced. They were on the top left and bottom right so for dinner tonight we ordered in some Pho. I think I may have to go back to the dentist because my bite feels a bit off. We will see tomorrow when we have Grilled Lamb Chops 🤣.

Cheers!

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Kai 3
Shavemac Finest 22/44
1000006087.jpg

Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

This blade is really working for me in my WR1s. I had zero alum and minimal aftershave feedback today. This soap is killing me. I am going to have the take the dregs out and put them in another bowl to finish them up. I probably have 3 more shaves before it is done.

My teeth have settled down but I think I will have to go back next week to get one of the fillings ground down. My bite feels a bit off. Nonetheless, I am up for some grilled lambchops tonight!! Its been a bit steamy the last few days, but I have still avoided putting on the air conditioning, much to my wife's chagrin 🤣. I don't get how I ended up in charge of the thermostat in our house. My wife must think of me a low-key ogre or something because its not like I would give her grief if she turned on the air conditioning 🤣.

Cheers!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Kai 3
Shavemac Finest 22/44
View attachment 1858428
Rating 5/5 Comfortable BBS

This blade is really working for me in my WR1s. I had zero alum and minimal aftershave feedback today. This soap is killing me. I am going to have the take the dregs out and put them in another bowl to finish them up. I probably have 3 more shaves before it is done.

My teeth have settled down but I think I will have to go back next week to get one of the fillings ground down. My bite feels a bit off. Nonetheless, I am up for some grilled lambchops tonight!! Its been a bit steamy the last few days, but I have still avoided putting on the air conditioning, much to my wife's chagrin 🤣. I don't get how I ended up in charge of the thermostat in our house. My wife must think of me a low-key ogre or something because its not like I would give her grief if she turned on the air conditioning 🤣.

Cheers!
90° in Music City right now. A/C is on. :)

90° in Music City right now. A/C is on. :)
Its 25C or 77F but with the humidity it feels like 27C or 81F. I do better in the cold than I do in the heat and humidity 😅
Best of luck on the fit and finish of the dental work, I know all too well about that
Thank you sir! I am trying to get everything done while I still have benefits from work.

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .74 OC
Kai 2
Classic 2 Super
View attachment 1857997

I think I set a new record for myself today! Speed shave and shower in 17 minutes. I was only 2 mins late for my work call! The resulting no alum or aftershave feedback was a surprise considering the speed.

After that call I had to rush off to the dentist to get two more fillings replaced. They were on the top left and bottom right so for dinner tonight we ordered in some Pho. I think I may have to go back to the dentist because my bite feels a bit off. We will see tomorrow when we have Grilled Lamb Chops 🤣.

Cheers!
Enjoy the lamb chops!

We have the A/C on pretty much as soon as it stays above 10 C. Our building is a large brick square box. It heats up real quick. When I was laying the floor down before we moved in, it was 25C outside and 40C inside. We got A/C installed very quickly.

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Kai 4
Shavemac Silvertip 24/48
1000006098.jpg

This soap will not finish!! Its killing me, I have a fresh tub in the wings waiting to be used. I am really enjoying my shaves lately, everything seems to be clicking 😄.

I had an early shave to attend a wake. One of my closets friends mother passed the same day as my Mother's funeral. Its good to see all of buddies but not under those circumstances. We did provide a good distraction and our High School, Cross country and track coach attended also. Man when we were in high school he seemed so old, now he is just 15 years older than us. When you are 15 a 30 year old is old. When you are almost 60 a 75 year old is a peer!! I guess we caught up 🤣
1000006100.jpg

Tonight's post wake beverage! This brewery has some awesome label art, and the pint is pretty good too 😆

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
WR1 .67 OC
Kai 4
Shavemac Silvertip 24/48
View attachment 1858967

This soap will not finish!! Its killing me, I have a fresh tub in the wings waiting to be used. I am really enjoying my shaves lately, everything seems to be clicking 😄.

I had an early shave to attend a wake. One of my closets friends mother passed the same day as my Mother's funeral. Its good to see all of buddies but not under those circumstances. We did provide a good distraction and our High School, Cross country and track coach attended also. Man when we were in high school he seemed so old, now he is just 15 years older than us. When you are 15 a 30 year old is old. When you are almost 60 a 75 year old is a peer!! I guess we caught up 🤣
View attachment 1858969
Tonight's post wake beverage! This brewery has some awesome label art, and the pint is pretty good too 😆
I'm sorry about the double loss. Prayers are with you.

Top Bottom