What's new

NOS Butterscotch Simpsons Major

Ohhhh yeah!

My girlfriend picked this up for me when she was on holiday in England. She thought it was just a cool brush for me (and another one), not knowing really what she had bought. Hooray for her!

Unlike the current major, this one is a 3 piece. The handle, the tube and an end cap. The handle still screws in from both directions, but the end cap also protects when its stowed away for my Himalayan adventures.

I searched around for another butterscotch major, but I cant find anyone else with one. Though I expect DrP to have one stashed away somewhere.

The tube says:
Best Badger
Simpsons

and the sticker is kinda still there.

...did I mention it was 6 pounds? :w00t:

I'm pretty jealous right now. That is a fantastic brush, it will serve you well.

Just don't ever face lather with a Mennen shave stick and sully it.

I'm pretty jealous right now. That is a fantastic brush, it will serve you well.

Just don't ever face lather with a Mennen shave stick and sully it.

just for that im going to mennen up for its maiden shave!

....no, i cant do that. Ill probably bust out 1805 for her first time.

Great Score, what a nose...the equivalent of a truffle dog. (no offence although I'm surprised she has one after sniffing all that Tabac)
I never find scores like that and I live here.

Last edited:
mdunn said:
I searched around for another butterscotch major, but I cant find anyone else with one. Though I expect DrP to have one stashed away somewhere.

A very nice specimen indeed..! And....no...i don't have one...want to sell it....?:biggrin::smile:

Truefitt and Hill with a Major, thats my definition of the perfect shave.

And i'll pair it with some sheffield steel and really go to town :biggrin:

Great Score, what a nose...the equivalent of a truffle dog. (no offence although I'm surprised she has one after sniffing all that Tabac)
I never find scores like that and I live here.

My Tabaculosis has preceded me it seems!

Wow 6 pounds, what a steal. I've heard that lathers best with a Mennen shave stick:biggrin:

again with the mennen? you guys dont quit!

Great score! (on the brush AND the GF!)

cheers. i'll be keeping both :biggrin:

A very nice specimen indeed..! And....no...i don't have one...want to sell it....?:biggrin::smile:

Not likely, mate! I cant wait to give it a burl tomorrow. (though if ever I do, you'll be the first to know). Anything I should know about the butterscotch? (ie X will discolour it)?

Thats going to be a rather frothy urinal, that will definitely kill Mennen for you.
haw. haw. haw. haw.

+1 That is awesome!
and if you check out the link in my sig down the bottom right, you can see another tiny tiny little brush too!

Its like you time travelled and brought that back.
I know! When it was described to me I thought I would have to get a rebristle - not likely :biggrin:

thanks mate - ill take her for a test drive today!

Top Bottom