What's new

Discussion Thread for Korres Absinthe Shave Cream

This is a discussion thread for this review.

Edit: English is not my mother tongue. Reviews being an important part of B&B, I would appreciate someone correct my mistakes. I won’t feel insulted if a moderator directly edits my review.
By the way, is it possible to delete photographs uploaded in the gallery section?

Yukio, again, you speak perfect English. Your reviews are better than mine, because I have no camera to post photos.

Bonne encouragement!

Jeff

I've had the real stuff on a number of occasions. Not really my cup of tea, but the cream sounds interesting.

Absinthe is flavored with fennel and anise -- much like Pernod or Ouzo. So.... basically the Greeks, true to their roots, are selling Ouzo scented shaving cream!

Some of their other skin care products look interesting, too -- especially the walnut moisturizer.

Still, at $28 a pop at U.S. based websites, it seems a bit rich...

Reviving an old thread, sorry, but I'm considering trying some of this in the near future, and thought I would update the info a little bit. Korres now has it's own web-store, and from it this shave cream is $22 USD for just over 5 oz.

I wouldn't say that Absinthe is "much like Pernod or Ouzo" though... It's a much different flavor.

I was gifted a bottle of this recently, and it's definitely an interesting product.

For one thing, the pump mechanism is incredibly well-engineered.

I do like the scent, though I have no idea how to describe it.

In consistency, the stuff feels like some kind of moisturizing lotion. It does add a ton of glide on a wet face, but it provides only a very thin layer, so there's zero cushioning. This may or may not be normal with brushless creams (I haven't used any others).

Lately, I prefer to use it solely as a preshave. Only takes one pump and adds a good bit of slickness.

do not buy

I'm Greek and this cream is overpriced. No lather at all, brushless, a lot of residue on the razor.

Stay awake for your own safety.

You thank me lat(h)er.

Top Bottom