What's new

Lux Razor

I just receive 2 Lux razor from e-bay seller "open_razor" in Krakow, Poland.
These are nicely made razors but about as basic as a T-34 tank and as sturdy.
The handle is a well knurled piece of stainless steel and the base plate is a simple stamping.
This isn't your daddy's Tech, it's a more aggressive razor.
The base plate and cap put more arch into the blade then a Tech so it requires a different shaving angle then a Gillette.
The only fault I can find is that the edges of the guide bars are a little rough, but since this razor is solid stainless instead of being plated it will be a simple job to smooth out then polish the edges.
proxy.php

I took a piece of wet/dry 320 grit sandpaper and smoothed out the edges of the guide bars on both my razors.
Looks like the marks were either from the shears or when the base plate was stamped.
It cleaned up very easily, I also soften the bottom edge so it wasn't sharp.
I then buffed it out, I also buffed the cap and since the handle is solid SS I wired wheeled the knurling, which brightened it right up (don't try that on a plated razor :lol:)
Now it looks brand new.
I have a little leather case that hold a razor and blades, I did have a Super Speed in it but now I put my 2nd Lux into it.
Considering the price and the fact that when they're gone they're gone, buy extras.
Christmas is coming.

Ha, I ordered one! I like the fact they're stainless steel, so you can mess around with it without revealing the brass. Like the work ccb did.

And cheap, nice for travel.

First time I tried my Lux, with a red personna, it was like OMG!! I guess I was expecting the same shave as a Tech. Not so grasshopper. That sucker is way more aggressive. Got a single pass bbs out of it but boy was my face sore. Haven't tried it since. It scares me a bit.

First time I tried my Lux, with a red personna, it was like OMG!! I guess I was expecting the same shave as a Tech. Not so grasshopper. That sucker is way more aggressive. Got a single pass bbs out of it but boy was my face sore. Haven't tried it since. It scares me a bit.

Put a tech head on the Lux handle. It adds a nice heft to the razor, and compliments the mild tech head.

I bought one a few months ago from Pauldog but never tried it. Looks like I'm shaving with it tomorrow (if I can ever find which box it's in -- unpacking goes slowly here in Silver Spring)

I took a piece of wet/dry 320 grit sandpaper and smoothed out the edges of the guide bars on both my razors.
Looks like the marks were either from the shears or when the base plate was stamped.
It cleaned up very easily, I also soften the bottom edge so it wasn't sharp.
I then buffed it out, I also buffed the cap and since the handle is solid SS I wired wheeled the knurling, which brightened it right up (don't try that on a plated razor :lol:)
Now it looks brand new.
I have a little leather case that hold a razor and blades, I did have a Super Speed in it but now I put my 2nd Lux into it.
Considering the price and the fact that when they're gone they're gone, buy extras.
Christmas is coming.

If you can post some pics of your handy work I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Top Bottom