What's new

Hi there, feather!

Well, I tried it twice. I gave it my best effort. No pressure. Great prep.

The feather tried to kill me. It is not made of steel - it's pure, concentrated evil in a small form. It giggled at me as it sliced and diced. Two passes of utter hell.

Feather, I detest thee.
Back to Derby I go.

That is exactly how I felt after using a red tipped (most agressive) S.S. the first time after using a tech.

I like the Derbys too though as I don't have much growth. Work on your technique and I think you could use them however.

That is exactly how I felt after using a red tipped (most agressive) S.S. the first time after using a tech.

I like the Derbys too though as I don't have much growth. Work on your technique and I think you could use them however.

Maybe I could, maybe I couldn't. Is it worth finding out? Yeah, probably I'll try again. I'm one of those people that can't resist when someone says "don't do that!". :)

Well, I tried it twice. I gave it my best effort. No pressure. Great prep.

The feather tried to kill me. It is not made of steel - it's pure, concentrated evil in a small form. It giggled at me as it sliced and diced. Two passes of utter hell.

Feather, I detest thee.
Back to Derby I go.

I have done battle with evil myself. T&H Ultimate Comfort helped win the fight for good for me. I discovered that a good quality cream can make a difference.

I have done battle with evil myself. T&H Ultimate Comfort helped win the fight for good for me. I discovered that a good quality cream can make a difference.

I was using QED chocolate stick - maybe next time I'll break out the Art of Shaving sandalwood.

no wait. THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME. must. resist. urge.

argh

I don't blame you there buddy! I've heard some folks speak about taming blades with good technique. I admit, I haven't been wetshaving for as long as others, but I have yet to find a Feather to work for me. I find them rather evil myself... Just remember, you're not alone.

Obviously blades are a good case of YMMV. I was amazed at how smooth and comfortable the Feather was when I recently tried it as part of the sample pack.

I suspect it must be a function of my whisker growth. I'm just not very hairy and don't have thick or coarse facial hair, so in fact of the 5-6 brands of blades I've tried, I've not been shredded by any.

I understand that it's largely YMMV - but I think it's more this:

The feather is made of pure, concentrated evil.

I understand that it's largely YMMV - but I think it's more this:

The feather is made of pure, concentrated evil.

I'm ordering some carbon steel Feathers this week. Mmmmm, rusty Feathers. :eek:

Actually, I've been pleased with the stainless Feathers, even though my technique needs work. But nice Time Bandits reference. :smile:

Jesse

While a Feather has never given me a shave of pure evil, the first two blades I tried certainly resulted in the most nicking and cutting since that first week of wetshaving. I shelved'em for a few months.

Now, I think they rock. I use them without fear, and indeed, their performance after 2-3 days of no shaving rivals the sheer brushcutting prowess of injector blades.

Then again, my technique is also way better these days.

Meh, I shaved with a feather this morning. Didn't have time for the straight. I had about a day and a half's worth of my very coarse beard too. Did a fine job, one weeper. No big deal. I like 'em.

While a Feather has never given me a shave of pure evil, the first two blades I tried certainly resulted in the most nicking and cutting since that first week of wetshaving. I shelved'em for a few months.

Now, I think they rock. I use them without fear, and indeed, their performance after 2-3 days of no shaving rivals the sheer brushcutting prowess of injector blades.

Then again, my technique is also way better these days.

yeah, i've only been doing this about 3 weeks or so - but i've gotten to a point where, with a derby and a SS I can get completely clean-shaven in 3 passes with no irritation, no nicks, and in like 15 minutes tops. i'm sure my technique still needs refinement, but come ON. shaving with a feather was like putting my face into a weed whacker.

a weed whacker made of evil.

endcycle-

some one around here recommended using a gillette adjustable set at 2 or 3. my fatboy and a new feather set on 3 seems to work like a charm for me with these little devils.

corking them helps tame them also. without corking in a redtip, i have to admit for the first shave or two, can be like sticking your head into a burlap sack filled with a litter of hungry badger babies.

dont foget to take pics after shaves like that to share with family and friends. perfect for bragging about your new hobby.:lol:

cheers!
ryan

Top Bottom