What's new

New Shaving Cream at Target!!

I just left Target in Chicago and purchased a tub of Shaving Cream...called "Shea Butter and African Black Soap Shave Butter Shave Cream".

They were selling a face wash, tub of cream, and A/S, each separately...and they were also selling a set, which included a shave brush.

I specifically looked on the creams packaging and it stated that use with a brush was "recommended". Obviously, I purchased the tub of cream and immediately brought it home and lathered up.

!!#@%&*!!...this stuff DOES NOT LATHER!! I could not believe it. They sell it with a brush, it says specifically on the box to use with brush, and I've tried adding more water, less water, more cream, and zip, zilch, zero.......ABSOLUTELY NO LATHER.

Maybe useful as a pre/post cream, but NOT as lather.

Wow, thanks for the warning. I would have ponied up for this cream just to try it out and convince Target that dumping Proraso might have been hasty.

<sigh>Oh well, maybe another soap will come along.

Jesse

That is the name of the cream? Doesn't quite roll off the tongue does it? I wish Target would go back to offering decent stuff like Proraso.

!!#@&#37;&*!!...this stuff DOES NOT LATHER!! I could not believe it. They sell it with a brush, it says specifically on the box to use with brush, and I've tried adding more water, less water, more cream, and zip, zilch, zero.......ABSOLUTELY NO LATHER.

I don't get a lot of lather from (Bigelow's) Proraso, but that doesn't stop me from loving what it does and how well it works.

The important thing is ... how does it shave?

Speaking of Target, I've seen products there named "something-something JACK" ... I forget the exact name, but if you've been to Target, you've seen it. And it appears to be ONLY at Target. Know anything about this line?

I don't get a lot of lather from (Bigelow's) Proraso, but that doesn't stop me from loving what it does and how well it works.

The important thing is ... how does it shave?

Speaking of Target, I've seen products there named "something-something JACK" ... I forget the exact name, but if you've been to Target, you've seen it. And it appears to be ONLY at Target. Know anything about this line?

I get tons of lather from Proraso, as much as any other cream I have.

Every Man Jack is the brand you are thinking of and I have not heard good things about it.

I get tons of lather from Proraso, as much as any other cream I have.

Every Man Jack is the brand you are thinking of and I have not heard good things about it.

On the subject of EMJ, the shave cream they make is horrible!! However, the pre-shave face scrub is some of the best for the money and gets great reviews. Do a search on B&B and you will see the same thing. I know how good the face scrub is. I use it myself. The signature scent is fantastic.

The way I figured it, if it lathers up good, someone here will have discussed it. I won't touch anything until I get some reviews here.. of course, someone DOES have to be the first.. hhehehe.

ps I've applied non lathering shave cream with a brush and gotten decent results..

Saw that stuff and thought about buying it as well, so thanks for saving me the purchase. I'll leave it, as I have other stuff for preshave prep.

Of all retailers..they should carry a nice line of shave products. they didnt give proraso long enough and displayed in the wrong section of the store. they could do much better and create a bigger following since they do have pull in the industry..retail that is

I just left Target in Chicago and purchased a tub of Shaving Cream...called "Shea Butter and African Black Soap Shave Butter Shave Cream".

They were selling a face wash, tub of cream, and A/S, each separately...and they were also selling a set, which included a shave brush.

I specifically looked on the creams packaging and it stated that use with a brush was "recommended". Obviously, I purchased the tub of cream and immediately brought it home and lathered up.

!!#@%&*!!...this stuff DOES NOT LATHER!! I could not believe it. They sell it with a brush, it says specifically on the box to use with brush, and I've tried adding more water, less water, more cream, and zip, zilch, zero.......ABSOLUTELY NO LATHER.

Maybe useful as a pre/post cream, but NOT as lather.

which Target my Chicagoan brother? I was just browsing mine and saw no such thing. I had a $10 I stole from a blind man just burning a hole in my pocket.:biggrin:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Well looking at their web site I see they packaged that with a mighty fine faux badger brush. Looks like no shave cream would be safe with that around. If that's the kind of brush they recommend I can only imagine how well it works.

Looks to me like they, (the product maker), are banking on a bunch of first time purchasers and then switching to some other product to hawk when no one buys it a second time.

Thanks for "taking one for the team".......I likely would've bought it had I seen it.

yep-would have got me too.

The way I figured it, if it lathers up good, someone here will have discussed it. I won't touch anything until I get some reviews here.. of course, someone DOES have to be the first.. hhehehe.

my philosophy also.

ps I've applied non lathering shave cream with a brush and gotten decent results..

the collective comes through again!

marty

wait - they still sell proraso products at target? i thought they were disco'd.
They don't sell it anymore. When they did I didn't even realize it. I managed to pick up a bottle of Proraso ASB on clearance for $7. That was the one and only Proraso product I ever saw there.

Top Bottom