What's new

Recommendations for a razor upgrade

I second everything Joel said about Bill's razors. He restored a Puma for me that is just superb, in the top 5 blades I have for smoothness, and an absolute stunner to look at.

I second everything Joel said about Bill's razors. He restored a Puma for me that is just superb, in the top 5 blades I have for smoothness, and an absolute stunner to look at.

I couldn't agree more. I would choose a restored Bill Ellis over the options Dovo and TI options especially in the price range you mentioned. If you want to spend more ask Bill about a custom...just give him the spec you desire and he can build it.

I'm a little closer to having something ready. All I need to do now is hone 11 more and start taking pics. Additionally, I may put in a couple of nice blades with some of my olivewood scales. One is an 8/8 vintage W&B, and the other is a NOS 8/8 Friodur. A couple days, maybe...

I still have some honing to do, but inbetween all that, I got these ready. They will go on my site pretty soon... unless I get an offer I can't refuse. :biggrin:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I still have some honing to do, but inbetween all that, I got these ready. They will go on my site pretty soon... unless I get an offer I can't refuse. :biggrin:

Bill, I think you may have made us an offer we can't refuse.

:w00t:

Top Bottom