What's new

Armagnac/Cognac report

Taking the advice of B&B members, and that of a friend who is both French and a chef, I went to investigate Armagnac. Good news and bad at the liquor store: The knowledgable merchant had a number of Armagnacs, and was particularly fond of a limited edition from Cerbois. Alas, his distributor is out--he advised me to wait.

The good news--huge sale on cognacs, and he pointed me toward a Decourtet XO, marked well down. He's never steered me wrong, so I'm looking forward to trying it. Has anyone sampled this?

I am a tad disappointed that I can't indulge me curiosity about Armagnac right now, but my friend (the French chef) has offered to bring me a couple of bottles next time he goes to France.

And my lovely wife found a great deal on Talisker and a few bottles of wine for herself--it was a good day for spirits.

A

Amanda

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed Armagnac and I would be more than happy to help you in your quest to find some interesting ones to taste. I am in fact the Attachée de Presse for Armagnac generically to the UK and USA therefore I know quite a lot about what is available and hope to point you in the right direction.

I don't know if you have come across Chateau de Laubade, but they produce several first class armagnacs that regularly win medals worldwide, including the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. They also have an office in NYC though under the name of Baron François. Their website is : www.chateau-branda.com. Or contact Denis Lesgourgues at Baron François on [email protected] and he will be able to tell you where to buy.
You also ought to have a look out for Chateau de Busca Maniban Tenarèze Armagnac which is available through The Party Source www.thepartysource.com (they have a quarterly spirits newsletter which might be of interest to you).
I have many others that are available in the US, so do contact me should you wish to know more. [email protected]
You might also like to check out the official armagnac website www.armagnac.fr

Drink different, drink armagnac ! I am sure that you will enjoy what you find.
I hope this has been useful.
Best wishes, Amanda

Top Bottom