What's new

Shaving At Night

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Next week is going to be an extra busy one. I've been thinking of shaving at night so as to save the time in the morning to leave the house earlier. Would you apply aftershave before you go to bed? Or should I just apply w/h and apply the aftershave the next morning? Just curious.

Next week is going to be an extra busy one. I've been thinking of shaving at night so as to save the time in the morning to leave the house earlier. Would you apply aftershave before you go to bed? Or should I just apply w/h and apply the aftershave the next morning? Just curious.

Witch hazel can be used as an aftershave, so I apply that at night, wash my face in the morning and apply any other aftershave or moisturizer.

I'm a night shaver, and have been as long as I've been shaving. I just like showering and shaving before I go to bed, it's so relaxing. I usually apply some witch hazel and then once that dries I dab on a little lotion to moisturize my face. The next morning I just wash my face lightly with a face soap and I'm good to go. I would think that after shave could be applied when ever you wanted.

Johnnie

I shave at night about 1/3 the time because of an early start in the morning. After my shave I use my A/S splash and moisturizer as needed then follow up in the AM with an EDT.

I used to always shave at night when I went ATG, as I still looked stubble free in the morning. Recently i've cut out my ATG passes, as it was leading to razor bumps/ingrowns every time almost without fail. I shave in the mornings now.

I prefer shaving at night. No rush, plenty of time. And I generally end the shave with a few spritzes of Thayer's Witch Hazel.

Randy

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Thanks. I think i will go with the w/h at night and apply the aftershave in the morning after shower so as not to overpower SWMBO with the scent of AV before I go to sleep. :wink:

Thanks. I think i will go with the w/h at night and apply the aftershave in the morning after shower so as not to overpower SWMBO with the scent of AV before I go to sleep. :wink:

Good call. I made this mistake once and have been cautious not to repeat it since I'd rather sleep with my wife than on the couch. :wink:

The night shave is relaxed, no pressure to get out the door. I enjoy them and for a while became exclusively nocturnal. It does have some advantages.
I've been known to use Bay Rum at night, and anything else that may strike my or her fancy.
Perhaps you have some special scent your SWMBO really likes?

You can take it from there.

I shave at night almost all the time, because I have to leave for work so early in the morning. I have occasionally used aftershave at night, but I have pretty much stopped in favor of unscented witch hazel. Then, I use a scented aftershave the next morning, before heading out the door.

Tim

OldSaw

The wife's investment

I use an ASB at night since it promotes healing and the best heeling takes place while sleeping. Also, MBW loves to touch and smell my face right after applying Art Of Shaving lemon ASB.

I wish I could get away with shaving at night....if I did, I'd have noticeable stubble mid-morning. I get up at 0445 just to have a good shave before work.

I never shave just before going to bed, but sometimes I do shave in the evening, after a shower, upon coming home. Kind of relaxing…

I shave at night 95% of the time...

Post shave: Kiehl's Superhazel followed by Nancy Boy Aftershave...

In the morning- shower followed by EDT.

Top Bottom