What's new

Two customs from MYCarver (Pic heavy)

First is a brush styled after the Simpson Eagle/88. I had planned to put a 24mm SuperSilvertip in it, but when it got here, it was too pretty for that knot. I had to install one of my last two UK Silvertips (SimFix Chubby 1 knot), making it an Eagle G3 "Silvertip" (most likely Simpson's 3 band Super).

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Then a brush styled after the Simpson Snowman in a butterscotch that Mark custom made.
proxy.php

A quick palm lather/wash in Williams.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And at last the bloomed magnificence.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I can't imagine either brush looking better or either handle/knot finding a more perfect pairing. In both cases, they look like they were made for eachother.

Just another shot of the handles. I love Ian's photos.These are just before they were shipped ( The knots are for the photo's only)

That Eagle is Awesome. If I sent you the wood could you turn one for me? I would send you enough wood that you can make 2 handles, one for you and one for me let me know how big a piece you need. I can set my own knot so all I would need is the handle.

I keep coming back to the thread and ogling the pictures... then I remember something, turn my head a few degrees right and start smiling.

A friend of mine has a mill in Africa and he gives me samples of a variety of woods. This the locals called Cay-cay. I'm not sure of the exact species but it has characteristics of Mahogany. There is a white mahogany I have used that is very close to this.
But this as you can see is spalted giving it that wonderful variations. I have about 6 ft. left of this board.

Jwhite,
Yes, these spaltes woods are beautiful. I too just picked up some Spalted Maple for other handles.
Just remember , the spalting is from fungus and the dust can create problems.
Mark

I have a couple of brushes from mycarver, and he does really nice work. He did a knock-off of a Rooney Victorian that is just great. Knots on the brushes are not shedders and feel really nice on the face.

OMG, Ian's gone "fake" butterscotch....

Oh the pain ...... :lol:

( Besides that lovely brushes by Ian and Mark :thumbup: )

Top Bottom