What's new

On Hold for the Holidays

My wife has forbid me from buying anything shaving related until after Christmas. I'm still stuck with cheap disposables and aerosol cheese gel as I haven't had a chance to acquire even a piece of a proper kit yet. She doesn't really have access to online purchasing and there isn't anywhere around here that she could get anything good except maybe flea markets and thrift stores.

Hopefully I'll at least get the Van Der Hagen kit and that $10 gold tech from the flea market that I cried over. Or maybe her mom acquired a shoebox full of vintage DE's from all the old folks at church. The possibilities are endless! Maybe..

Does anybody else get put on hold around this time of year?

The day my future ex-Mrs. Baloosh, or myself, forbids each other with demands or ultimatums, is the day we stop being a couple. :tongue_sm

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Other things are on hold, but my shaving stuff is always essential. If she wants me to shave, well then, let me get the stuff I need to get it done! :lol:

Its time to put on your salesman hat and sell her on the cost savings. Disposable razors aren't that cheap.

Buy the VDH kit and look for a Tech or Superspeed on BST. After a couple of packs of disposable razors, your going to break even.

Okay, let me rephrase: She respectfully requested that I not buy shaving stuff because she got me some already. I, in my gentlemanly manner, conceded and agreed to respect her wishes until after the seasonal ....

Okay, I'm not kidding anybody. I'm whooped.

I have waited in vain for the present that I wanted - for many a year. I usually get something that the giver likes and thinks I'll like it too. So I say - and I'm talking in a low voice so only we can hear - BUY WHAT YOU WANT AND WRAP IT AND PUT IT UNDER THE TREE MARKED FROM SANTA CLAUS.

Act surprised when you unwrap it.

:thumbup:

unless you know that your wife is spot on.

YMMV

-jim

Okay, let me rephrase: She respectfully requested that I not buy shaving stuff because she got me some already. I, in my gentlemanly manner, conceded and agreed to respect her wishes until after the seasonal ....

Okay, I'm not kidding anybody. I'm whooped.

It's only a month away. Try to control yourself for at least that long.

When you open her present, thank her for her thoughtfulness. Tell her how much you appreciate the gift. Then, if you did not get something you really want, buy it for yourself later.

I vote for tossing the gel and disposibles in protest. Let your face get nice and furry and make sure to snuggle alot. She will come around rather quickly I believe.

Jay

I have waited in vain for the present that I wanted - for many a year. I usually get something that the giver likes and thinks I'll like it too. So I say - and I'm talking in a low voice so only we can hear - BUY WHAT YOU WANT AND WRAP IT AND PUT IT UNDER THE TREE MARKED FROM SANTA CLAUS.

Act surprised when you unwrap it.

unless you know that your wife is spot on.

YMMV

-jim

Great advice. I think I will try that! :w00t:

Christmas is all about the kids these days, the wife and I usually end up getting each other something small if anything.

through out the year if there's something we want, we'll usually end up getting it ourselves.

Watching the excitement build around christmas as santa is about to visit and eventually the big day as our kid and the nieces/nephews go nuts is gift enough.

I know it may sound a little cheesey, but yeah its true :001_rolle

Christmas is all about the kids these days, the wife and I usually end up getting each other something small if anything.

through out the year if there's something we want, we'll usually end up getting it ourselves.

Watching the excitement build around christmas as santa is about to visit and eventually the big day as our kid and the nieces/nephews go nuts is gift enough.

I know it may sound a little cheesey, but yeah its true :001_rolle

That is cheesy and +1000! My 8 yo has already started to vibrate. I've probably spent as many years alone on Christmas as I have with family and since I have a family to hang with now, that really is the only present I need.

Unless my wife found me one of these:

ABC Empire in Gun Metal

then that will be the only present I need.

-jim

I thought it was a generally understood rule that you don't buy things for yourself in the month leading up to Christmas and to your birthday.

It depends on the house hold.. the one year I followed this rule I ended up with a Quesadilla maker.. so from then on I bought my own gift handed it to SWMBO and told her she can wrap it and place it under the tree.

Top Bottom