What's new

My good amigo

amigo cream from bulgaria....tried it out this morning and was not dissapointed ! very big on lather and it comes up with few rpms....smells great ! barbershop for sure,along the line of bozzano and lord emofresh...not great on moisturizing,but after using gada cream,I may be nit picking...no problems with glide,and lather has really superb lasting ability,especially using a vie-long extra hair pro-barber brush...I only soak the tips in hot water,and utilize the tips for lathering,the way the old timers did...I am sure the water climbs up the strands of horsehair,but this method seems to offer a little less flex in the brushing...the krona had a nice sputnik in it and the shave had no problems....finished up with a quick scalp shine using "bulgaria" pomade,and a slap in the face with "bulgaria" aftershave/cologne...these two along with my amigo tube are all very fine products of bulgaria....I'm kind of surprised bulgaria does not make blades,as de shaving is still popular there..I'm guessing with all the russian blades available to them at great prices they see no need,but for sure they make wonderful shaving goods...

Great review, but... that lather looks terrible! :huh:

yes ! it does look very bubbly,airy,and it is....I like using a very (very !) porous pottery bowl,and it does pump air into the lather,some more than others,ie. trumpers is very thick and puffs up less,also,I try to use the MINIMUM amount needed for a good shave....most of all though,when that puffy lather hits the face,the bubbles pop,and the lather thickens up...it works !! note,the last photo is from AFTER the shave is complete,still plenty of lather for several more passes !

Top Bottom