What's new

Beard Growth and Sex Among Other Things

I have pondered the relationship between beard growth and sex drive. I know over the years I have observed that when I have a strong sex drive my beard seems to grow faster.

At times I wondered why my beard seems to grow so fast and physically speaking what this means. Well, recently a friend sent me a study that put my mind at rest. http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/158/11/1123

The study said men who shaved less often than daily had a 52 percent higher risk of cardiovascular disease mortality over 20 years than men who shaved daily. Further, sex drive and beard growth seem to have a correlation.

So, those of us who have heavy beards and whose beards grow so fast - it is time to be thankful!!!!:001_rolle

:thumbup1::thumbup::lol::w00t:

I have pondered the relationship between beard growth and sex drive. I know over the years I have observed that when I have a strong sex drive my beard seems to grow faster.

At times I wondered why my beard seems to grow so fast and physically speaking what this means. Well, recently a friend sent me a study that put my mind at rest. http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/158/11/1123

The study said men who shaved less often than daily had a 52 percent higher risk of cardiovascular disease mortality over 20 years than men who shaved daily. Further, sex drive and beard growth seem to have a correlation.

So, those of us who have heavy beards and whose beards grow so fast - it is time to be thankful!!!!:001_rolle

Jim,
That is an interesting prospective study...thanks for sharing.:thumbup1: One would have to look very carefully at the statistically correlation and patient cohort to render final judgment. Some of these types of studies often get retracted because of poor statistical correlation, etc...time will tell, but if it turns out to hold water, then:

Happy shaving my friends. :thumbup1: It literally is good for your health

Yep, it all comes down to testosterone levels. Testosterone = growth in a nutshell, so when levels of it are high so is your sex drive and your beard growth rate increases too.

On the down side:

high testosterone can also lead to male pattern baldness and the "Wooly Back" syndrome, where all the hair on the top of the head seems mysteriously to migrate to the back.

On the up side:

This provides a good excuse to shave your head= shaving X2 :thumbup:

On the down side:

high testosterone can also lead to male pattern baldness and the "Wooly Back" syndrome, where all the hair on the top of the head seems mysteriously to migrate to the back.

On the up side:

This provides a good excuse to shave your head= shaving X2 :thumbu
p:

Yes, yes it does.

On the down side:

On the up side:

This provides a good excuse to shave your head= shaving X2 :thumbup:

So that explains my balding head among other things. :w00t:

This is very interesting.

Men who have been neutered live longer. They also develop breasts to one degree or another, and lose all that extra body hair. I don't recommend this as a way to live longer.

I've noticed that there is a lot less chest hair today on male teenagers than when I was a teen and in college, and I often wonder why. I've heard some theories (certain plastics, who knows?).

Well, women live longer, we know that, and they have less testosterone. I know this is a very complicated subject.

Maybe one of the doctors here will come by and give us a better picture of what comes from giving men extra testosterone and even human growth hormone. Is this a medical "fad" dreamed up by the pharmaceutical industry, or what? "Low T" sounds like something Madison Avenue would come up with.

They may give you more engery, but could it increase the danger of cardiovascular mishaps?

Last edited:
Top Bottom