What's new

Which Rocket?

I picked up a Rocket in it's case while on vacation a while back (for all of $6) and it seems to fall weight wise between the all aluminum and HD, right at 57g. It looks like the handle is possibly aluminum, but the head and knob are nickel :huh: Any idea what it is. Oh, it's given me the best shave yet using Walmart Personnas, FWIW !!!

I did a little more digging and found this thread:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=157135

#4 is the exact model I have. It's not the LD from what I can tell, because it is almost twice the weight, but it's not the HD either. It seems to be a hybrid of the two. Either way, I think I got a sweet deal, as there's no plate loss or brassing, and everything works smooth as silk.

On the link provided Kevtex it appears to be a HD500 model since it came in the plastic case. Same as a #59 evidently.

Last edited:
What's the aluminum handled version that has the knurling all the way up to the top? I guess I'm confused as to why none of these have this - the knurling appears to stop just before the stem? Is there a difference between the two versions?? :bored:

EDIT: Found it - this one: "Aluminum 40’s style Rocket; this Rocket is unique and made almost entirely of aluminum, or aluminium to the Brit’s out there, except for the post and side plates. I’ve only seen one other. This has patent pending stamped in the blade tray and weighs in at a slight 27 grams as the lightest Rocket."

I guess this and the nickel model are the "regular" Rockets? Anyone ever shave with this one? I wonder how much lighter it is than Blooze's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom