What's new

MWF deal

Wingham Wool Works has MWF refills for $9.97 and the refill PLUS ceramic bowl for $26.97 SHIPPED! :w00t:
http://www.winghamwoolwork.co.uk/ the soaps are under "sundries"
I have never dealt with them before, this info has been posted on the forums before, but doesn't seem to well known, thought I would post it in DEALS.

I thoughts so too, although nothing would beat actually LIVING there and getting it for half of that price :001_smile
I ordered the refill, the bowl IS nice, just couldn't see paying $16 more for it.

Just placed an order. I've never tried this shaving soap but I'm always looking to try something new.

It gets a lot of great reviews, some have trouble getting a good lather.
It's so popular it would be easy to sell if you don't like it.

I'm using soaps more, after trying a few creams. I did have some trouble lathering a couple (Cade and Cella), but now they lather very nicely. It'll be interesting to try MWF.

OooOOOooo... IDEA!
Okay guys so I live in Ireland. This means I only pay 2.82 sterling shipping, which is about 3.50 euro.
Also the soap would cost me 4.20pounds = 5euro per puck (6.40 dollars).

Now say I want to order a few pucks. It seems it's still the same shipping rate (up to 27kilos)...

Now I wonder how much it would cost for me to ship out pucks to the USA? I'm guessing not a huge amount... Put a puck or two in a padded envelop and it'll be a few euros on tops of that. Certainly nowhere close to $20 dollars for shipping I'm sure.

So here's what I was thinking. I could order a whole bunch of these and then, if people like, I could take names and addresses and ship them on.
Is that bad form? Is that wrong? I'm not sure and I would appreciate a moderators opinion on this.
The company is still getting paid full price for the product and don't have the hassle of shipping to several different addresses. I don't mind doing the leg work if it means helping you guys on here.

I'm not going to take names until I hear from a mod about this as I don't know if this would be considered to be a group buy or what the policy is on this. I'm not looking to make any money off it at all and will be honest and fair in my dealing. I have a paypal account so transactions can go through that way.

Last edited:
Ohhh wait a second.
Hmm never mind. I misread the first thing posted and thought it was the puck that was that much shipped.
Sorry for the confusion, I was just trying to help. It seems the shipping of the puck int he bowl is the same to Ireland as it is to the USA!

I think I'll order a regular puck for myself though as I'd been dying to try this.

Now I wonder how much it would cost for me to ship out pucks to the USA? I'm guessing not a huge amount... Put a puck or two in a padded envelop and it'll be a few euros on tops of that. Certainly nowhere close to $20 collars for shipping I'm sure..
An excellent idea, and one that I'd like to get in on if it comes to pass.

You should check with a Mod before you go any further with plans for a group buy, though.

As for distribution, it would be better if you were to bulk ship all the pucks to someone in each country, i.e. you would send out one package to USA, one to Australia, etc. Much easier and cheaper in the long run.

Sorry David I made a mistake.
The cost of purchasing and shipping a bowl and puck to Ireland is about the same as the $26 mentioned in the original post.
I don't think shipping through me would save anything at all unfortunatly.
I did contact a mod before I realised my mistake :blushing:

I need to stay away from this area of BB :angry:... just ordered two refill pucks and a ceramic dish and puck combo :blush:.

Just when I thought I was done buying shaving soaps for a while...
That is a great deal though. Thanks Filedog. :thumbup1:

Is this a special rate or does this website always have this price for MWF?

Disregard my question. I read some other posts regarding this website and realize this is the standard price, on this website, for MWF. I'm suprised it isn't mentioned more on this forum.

Top Bottom