What's new

Head shaving

C

chaosmic

I do not yet have a DE razor, but am thinking of purchasing one. I like to shave my head and am wondering what I should be expecting with a DE shave. From a first read of some of the topics here it seems I can expect it to take longer than a cartridge, but am I setting myself up for major scalp damage if I expect to use it on my head? Any tips on headshaving?

I have been shaving my head for years. I have used every kind of razor from electric to a single edge (no straights, but.....) and nothing does it better than a good DE or SE. for the last few weeks it has been my BullMastiff handle with a 1912 Ever-Ready single edge head loaded with a Ted Pella blade.....sweet! Today it will be back to the "New Style" head loaded with a Gillette SuperThin. There is in my opinion no reason to use a different razor/blade for your head than what you are using on your face, except maybe a straight. I find my head much easier to shave than my face, probably due to the skin being tighter. Whatever soap/cream, razor/blade combo I am using works for both face/head.

Hope this helps.....and have no fear!

Tracy

There is in my opinion no reason to use a different razor/blade for your head than what you are using on your face, except maybe a straight. I find my head much easier to shave than my face, probably due to the skin being tighter. Whatever soap/cream, razor/blade combo I am using works for both face/head.

Hope this helps.....and have no fear!

Tracy

Really? I haven't even dared used a DE on my bonce for fear of being torn to shreds. Ordered a Headblade yesterday, heard good things, and I'll stick to my bobsrazor for the face.

I shave my head with a clippers and like to leave stubble. Last week I did it with a razor for the first time and I used my Mach 3 with Geo F. Trumper's Violet. Best head shave I ever had.
I might try a DE this week but I would assume it would take longer.

Welcome. I use DE razors on my head, but it took awhile to get the technique down, and I won't hesitate to use a cartridge razor to clean up if I'm just not feeling it. Shaving my head is trickier than my face.

Go Slow, I guess that's the best I could offer anyone else.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

I don't headshave but you already have good tips up here!

Welcome to B&B! I only head shave occasionally and I've always just used the HeadBlade. Never had any problems with it at all. But there are several gents here who use their DE for head shaving.

Really? I haven't even dared used a DE on my bonce for fear of being torn to shreds. Ordered a Headblade yesterday, heard good things, and I'll stick to my bobsrazor for the face.

Yup, really. I find using the DE easier on the head, but I have shaved my head for many years. My personal thoughts are if you are competent enough to use the DE on your face, your head shouldn't be an issue......but YMMV.

Tracy

Top Bottom