What's new

Injector blades sticking

I got an injector off of ebay the other day and a pack of Pellas. When I got the injector, it was fairly nasty. I cleaned it up with some vinegar and went to load up a new blade.

When I went to load a Pella blade, it wouldn't go. I tried with the Schick pack (that came with the razor), and it pushed out the old blade with minimal effort (like I said, it was pretty nasty). The I tried the Pella again, and it still wouldn't go. The Pella blade was aligned and I even got it in a ways, but with considerable force.

Am I doing something wrong with the Pellas? The Schick blades went in with no problem, but Schick is not really as cost effective as the Pellas. Even with the Pella blade partially in, it didn't want to go completely in, so it doesn't appear to be an alignment issue. Even with the Schick key inserted it didn't want to go, so it doesn't appear to be a key issue.

All help appreciated.

Thanks for readying!

I put the other maker bades in the Schick pack - the older razors seem the most fussy - and now am off to injector razor adventure land!:biggrin1:

The older injectors like the E and G models are hard as hell to get the blades to line up with the Pella Injector. The best thing to do is to put those Pella blades in a Schick Injector and it should work fine.

You can still get it to work with the Pella Injector, but its not worth the hassle.

What model do you have

It's not only that the blades are hard to insert with a Pella/Personna/cheapo cartridge, it is, from my experience, that the blade tried to go in a bit farther forward than it should and the edge drags against the metal posts that are on the ends of the razor to keep the blade in place. This causes the blade to dull considerably as it is raked against the metal.

I never thought of reloading a Schick cartridge, though. Sounds like a winner!

I've had similar problems as well with my EMS blades.
The plastic component to the cartridge doesn't help matters...not nearly enough leverage.

The older injectors like the E and G models are hard as hell to get the blades to line up with the Pella Injector. The best thing to do is to put those Pella blades in a Schick Injector and it should work fine.

You can still get it to work with the Pella Injector, but its not worth the hassle.

What model do you have

Looks like an E model. :thumbup: I'll pop a couple of the Pella blades into the Schick injector and let you know how it works.

It may be a couple days because I'm going to Tahoe tomorrow! :badger::badger::badger:

I spent a little time last night pulling apart my Schick blade casing so that I could insert new EMS blades. It worked! Now the blades insert smoothly into my Personna 74 Injector, and the shaving is soooo much more comfortable.

I recently purchased an old Schick injector, from the 40's. All I had for blades was the EMS injector. I had begun to think that the razor was misaligned, as I had to fight hard to get a blade into it. Just today in the mail, comes a three pack of Snyder branded injectors. To my surprise they went in easily! I now know my razor is OK. I've not shaved with the new blades yet.

I have not found a single plastic injector case that works as it is supposed to.

I always have to twist the case a little to get it to align properly - even on my NOS Hydromagic, using Personna 74 blades.

The all metal Schick cases as mentioned, have no such problems.

I like the suggestion to put the blades in a metal dispenser. I will have to give that a go after I empty one of mine.

For those of you who have done this, and sorry if this is a silly questions, do you have any problems with damaging the blades when putting them into a vintage dispenser? It sounds like this may be the best solution, but it is all for naught if the edges get nicked up.

It looks like the only way to do it is push down the follower in the dispenser, and slide the blades in.

Oh, by the way, do the modern Schick dispensers work as well? I was thinking of ordering some on the 'bay, and then refilling them with Pellas.

Last edited:
I used a modern Schick blade casing, but I had to pry off the outer sheath of metal, pry out the end clip, and remove the internal spring (I'm not sure what the proper terms are for these items) before I could load new blades into it.
But it worked.

Last edited:
Oh, by the way, do the modern Schick dispensers work as well? I was thinking of ordering some on the 'bay, and then refilling them with Pellas.

Yep the modern Schick dispensers work well - you can get them at Amazon and possibly locally at drugstores as well - I found them at a Wegmann's (huge Grocery warehouse-type store) near me. Schick seems to be the only ones making the metal injectors.

A member here did refill a metal injector w/Pellas using a screwdriver to push down the mechanism, but I can't locate the thread now...

EDIT: Found the thread here. Post by raven1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom