What's new

No more Cade after shave splash !

Don't rush out there to stock up on this stuff. I just got off the phone with L'Occitane and they said it is just out of stock at this time. There is NO plan to phase it out as it is a very strong seller and has just sold out ahead of the holidays. They expect new stock to be bottled very soon. Take what you want from this, but the woman who I spoke sounded very sure of this and surprised to hear this rumor.

I just got off the phone with L'Occitane and they said it's Out-of-production International ???

Eelco

??? I too got off the phone right before I posted. Seems strange that a French House would cut production for everywhere but the US. Another mystery :001_huh:

I ran out of this a while back and never re-ordered...oh well. I've used better although I did like the scent.

I just got off the phone with L'Occitane and they said it's Out-of-production International ???

In other words, not out of production, just no longer distributed in your area. How nice.

I've heard rumors of it being discontinued before. Just like past rumors about Proraso splash being discontinued, it never actually seems to happen. The U.S. site still carries it but is currently out of stock.

I have not tried this product yet but I plan to.

It is still available on the French L'occitane Web site and not marked as a discontinued product.

I'll check in a "mortar" store to see if it is available as well.

This is terrible news! :angry:

Is it good stuff? (An innocent and perhaps inflammatory question, eh?)

It is great stuff, Jon. I have one I am using and one backup. Now I'm going to have to run over to the mall and buy up the rest of their stock!!

(And I just had a 25% coupon which expired a couple of weeks ago!!!! :incazzato)

Last edited:
Now I'm going to have to run over to the mall and buy up the rest of their stock!!

Thank you for demonstrating why it is a good idea to confirm the truth of these types of rumors - as well as their pertinent details - before posting them as fact.

Last edited:
In other words, not out of production, just no longer distributed in your area. How nice.

I've heard rumors of it being discontinued before. Just like past rumors about Proraso splash being discontinued, it never actually seems to happen. The U.S. site still carries it but is currently out of stock.

Here in and around Amsterdam there are 3 L'occitane shops.
(Amsterdam - Haarlem - Amstelveen)
Not one bottle Cade After Shave Splash :crazy:
I asked why ? Because they replaced it for a new product !
I asked what kind of product ? They don't know jet.
I asked if I could order some "old" Cade after shave splash ?
Answer was NO It's out of production !

I don't know why L'occitane in the USA says something different.

Regards,
Eelco

By the way... Proraso splash is different than the old one !
Proraso did change the components, I like the old one much more than the new. There was more menthol in the old Proraso. :w00t:

L'Occitane is about as confusing as C&E. Every person you talk to seems to have a different answer. We've had these threads in the past about the Cade AS.

I don't know why L'occitane in the USA says something different.

I don't know why, either, and I agree that they can be confusing. (C&E is one of the worst - don't even get me started!) I'm just basing what I say on the fact that the Cade splash is still available in the U.S. (At least, it hasn't been taken of their website; I suppose it remains to be seen if they get it back in stock. At any rate, they had several bottles at my local L'Occitane store when I was there a couple weeks ago. Also, it is available for purchase on the Canadian website.) If it's available, odds are it's still being produced, no matter what the folks in your local stores may tell you. A lot of the times, the people who work in the stores are the least knowledgeable about the distribution of their products. They don't care - they just work there. We, on the other hand, are interested in these sorts of things and actually bother to learn about them.

As some of you know, it looks like this rumor is true. Local mgrs. don't seem to know for sure, but myself and a couple others have gotten emails from customer service saying the splash is no longer in production. I hope they're wrong or change their mind, but it's already off the website and gone from most stores.

If anyone knows of anything we can do, I'm all ears. Sad.

The fact that store managers don't know about it is no surprise. The rank and file at the retail level - even the supposed "managers" - are usually the least informed link in the entire corporate communication chain, and also the least motivated to find out things for themselves. They do what they're told, collect a paycheck, and that's about it. I'll take the keen observations of the chaps on this site over anything a sales associate or manager at a store tells me.

Top Bottom