What's new

Product **Razor** Warning

WARNING..WARNING..WARNING

While on my quest to bring new products into my shop for my customers and looking for an inexpensive razor solution to add to a beginners starter kit I came across this Omex vintage style safety razor made in India.
I purchased one to check out (I try everything before I offer it to my customers) and today had a chance to give it a go.
Well, let me tell you folks, this razor never made it to my face. As you can see, the blade (even though the picture was shoot on an angle) is offset in the tray and protrudes a full millimeter farther out the one side than the other creating an extreme gap difference. This will cause serious damage. Do not waste your money to try it.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS RAZOR!

proxy.php

Holy smokes, Ray!! :eek: Great catch. As a shop owner, is there any way you can contact the manufacturer? A disaster in the making.

Wow. That's.... intense...

Are you sure you don't want to give it a try... it might be the most aggressive razor in the DE world! :lol:

Thanks, Ray.
Two weeks ago I saw this on the Bay and thought about buying it (the price being so cheap and all...). Boy, I'm glad I didn't! :ohmy:

What's the big deal? Variable aggression with no moving parts. Looks like a winner to me!

Man, you are one twisted puppy......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Holy smokes, Ray!! :eek: Great catch. As a shop owner, is there any way you can contact the manufacturer? A disaster in the making.

Yes, I actually sent off an email to the manufacturer with my photo and findings. We'll see what comes of it.

Ray:

Have you considered stocking the new Lord LP1822, with the Merkur like head?

I created one by taking a Lord Smart, and Lord Tech, and swapping the handles around (the Lord Smart has the Merkur like head, but a plastic handle), as the LP1822 is not currently available from any US vendors.

Anyway, the resulting razor shaved superb, and is definitely an excellent choice for a budget minded newbie starter kit.

I have dubbed the razor the "Lord Merkur Tech".

~John~

Ray, you're just marketing it wrong -- that there razor represents a golden opportunity for gents to turn their very own faces into barber poles! You could start a new fad! :wink:

Like this, but without the need for messy paint...
proxy.php

Great catch, thanks for watching out both for the Members here and your customers (not that that's surprising in the least). :thumbup1:

Ray, you're just marketing it wrong -- that there razor represents a golden opportunity for gents to turn their very own faces into barber poles! You could start a new fad! :wink:

Leave it to you to make a joke out of a very serious issue.....:rolleyes:

No soup for you......:001_tongu

What's the big deal? Variable aggression with no moving parts. Looks like a winner to me!

Yeah! Just look at that blade gap! :w00t:

Omex: Offering the ultimate in shaving. Your Omex razor is capable of removing several layers of dermis, including hair follicles. Hate shaving? Use Omex! You'll never shave or need to shave again! Omex is not responsible for blood loss or the possible loss of life or limb from using Omex brand razors. Omex recommends rusty blades. Use responsibly.

Just wondering: Is the blade 'locked in' to that position,, or can it be manipulated to be centered...???

My Parker 86R has the latter blade issue (but nowhere near that much 'play').... Mmack66's post isn't that far off... He may have been joking,,, but I actually get a good shave from having the blade offset.... just flip the razor and you have a milder shave...

That Omex looks really bad,, though....

proxy.php

So, shoudl this razor be marketed to VTech fans? :biggrin:

Just wondering: Is the blade 'locked in' to that position,, or can it be manipulated to be centered...???

My Parker 86R has the latter blade issue (but nowhere near that much 'play').... Mmack66's post isn't that far off... He may have been joking,,, but I actually get a good shave from having the blade offset.... just flip the razor and you have a milder shave...

That Omex looks really bad,, though....

The cap has blade guides on all four corners....I don't know about you but folks have enough to think about when shaving besides which side of the dis-functional razor is close to their face....Easier just to stay away from them all together.

The cap has blade guides on all four corners....I don't know about you but folks have enough to think about when shaving besides which side of the dis-functional razor is close to their face....Easier just to stay away from them all together.

+1. And my post was in jest.

Top Bottom