What's new

Product **Razor** Warning

The cap has blade guides on all four corners....I don't know about you but folks have enough to think about when shaving besides which side of the dis-functional razor is close to their face....Easier just to stay away from them all together.

I'm definately not condoning their poor quality control....!!! However,, sometimes one can make the best of a bad item by exploiting it's short-comings..... None of the razors that I have used seem to securely lock the blade in the exact same position every time (but most are close enough for it to be a non-issue)..... I would assume that in this case,, it would be a major issue from what I'm seeing in the pictures of the razor that you posted.....

Keep us updated on what (if anything) the factory has to say about this.... I'd like to hear their excuse.....

Ray:

Have you considered stocking the new Lord LP1822, with the Merkur like head?

I created one by taking a Lord Smart, and Lord Tech, and swapping the handles around (the Lord Smart has the Merkur like head, but a plastic handle), as the LP1822 is not currently available from any US vendors.

Anyway, the resulting razor shaved superb, and is definitely an excellent choice for a budget minded newbie starter kit.

I have dubbed the razor the "Lord Merkur Tech".

~John~

I just have to second that. The new Lord LP1822 is a cheap and modest looking razor but the shave is just perfect and it is built to last far beyond its price-tag.

If there is one razor around that should deserve B&B's "Best-Shave-for-the-Buck"award...here it is!! :wink:

Too bad I never saw this post. I got a gold Omex today and when I opened it up I could not believe the position for the bar in relation to the mounted blade! It is advertised for men with "heavier beards". Did they mean male water buffalo? I don't see how a human could shave with this thing.

What is it with India? The my first DE, a Parker, nearly took my face off until I realized that all razors are different and not like the Parker. Parker made bad razors for years with no improvements...don't consumers complain over there or is the mail that slow?

Good side...the Omex thread fits a gold Gillette Tech head I have so it was not a total loss. The Tech Head has gone from a travel shorty to a usable long handle.

Maybe D/Es are being made badly deliberately in India at present,because Gillette are trying to coerce the local masses into converting over to the new fangled cartridge razors.:closedeye:closedeye

Are these things just plain not shaveable, or just not easily shavable?

I mean... is the blade somehow in the razor in such a fashion that it is not properly supported (and thus flexes on the face :eek:), or is it just a blade gap that is wider than a Vision or a Futur at full throttle?

Are these things just plain not shaveable, or just not easily shavable?

I mean... is the blade somehow in the razor in such a fashion that it is not properly supported (and thus flexes on the face :eek:), or is it just a blade gap that is wider than a Vision or a Futur at full throttle?

proxy.php

That just looks like it's got a Large blade gap, although if that blade was any farther over, it would be even with the safety bar :lol:.

It looks like it might be able to pull off a shave, you'd just have to be insanely careful...

The Weishi looks tame by comparison though, as do the Parkers that slip through QC.

Am I the only one here who is attracted to dangerous DE's? Probably :lol:.

EDIT: I may be attracted to dangerous DE's, but this one does look strange.

If it's not too much trouble, can one of you brave souls who own these satisfy the crazy people among us by posting a picture of that blade gap from the side (maybe from the narrow side of the DE so the blade gap from both sides is visible, as is the distance the blade is from the center of the razor.

Last edited:
Maybe D/Es are being made badly deliberately in India at present,because Gillette are trying to coerce the local masses into converting over to the new fangled cartridge razors.:closedeye:closedeye

Yeah, I'm sure P&G is just strong-arming the competition... :rolleyes:

That just looks like it's got a Large blade gap, although if that blade was any farther over, it would be even with the safety bar :lol:.

It looks like it might be able to pull off a shave, you'd just have to be insanely careful...

The Weishi looks tame by comparison though, as do the Parkers that slip through QC.

If it's not too much trouble, can one of you brave souls who own these satisfy the crazy people among us by posting a picture of that blade gap from the side (maybe from the narrow side of the DE so the blade gap from both sides is visible, as is the distance the blade is from the center of the razor.

+1 For more photos! Heck, I might even be willing to do a review!

+1 For more photos! Heck, I might even be willing to do a review!

I took one which is all that was needed to so the danger...Feel free to go waste your money on ebay and buy one for a review if you think my warning is so ridiculous and then take all the pictures you'd like.

PM me your address, I'll send it for free so you can try it for yourself...the catch is I want you to video the effort without stops and post it for us all to see.....That should be great for a visual warning.

Top Bottom