What's new

Better than a DE razor?

Well of course a straight is, we all know that. But if you're like me sometimes you find it inconvenient to take your straights. Or you worry about them being lost or stolen (think airline luggage). Personally I find DE razors to be boring so when my wife went to Sally's Beauty Supply I asked her to pick up one of these. Mine was black handled and yup 7.50USD. The magic razor is made in Italy and doesn't feel overly cheap. It only takes a halved DE blade, and is securely held by a metal holder, not a plastic one. Now its not going to replace a straight, and I can't see myself making this part of the "rotation" ever. But its more fun than a DE, reasonably similar to a straight, very convenient, and cheap. So when you can't bring a straight (or don't want to) consider a magic razor.

cool.

I used to have one of those (well, a similar one), but now I just take an ebay razor, or at least one I could bear to part with

Awesome! I've been trying to decide what to do when I travel. I hate having to use a disposable bic or cartridge. I may have to pick one of those up!

L

Lo'Tek

Maybe you could mail a Str8 to your destination and insure it for twice it's worth. Just a thought.

I just travel with cheap Feather or Weishi razors. Don't care if they are lost or broken and can pretty much replace them anywhere (if needed)

I did try traveling without a razor, hoping instead to just have barbershop shaves. This stopped when I was in Thailand and the barber pulled out a bic disposable to shave me with! I had the worse rash ever after that shave :eek:

L

Lo'Tek

I just travel with cheap Feather or Weishi razors. Don't care if they are lost or broken and can pretty much replace them anywhere (if needed)

I did try traveling without a razor, hoping instead to just have barbershop shaves. This stopped when I was in Thailand and the barber pulled out a bic disposable to shave me with! I had the worse rash ever after that shave :eek:

WOW! That has to be about the saddest thing I have ever heard.
:shocked:

I prefer to take an inexpensive real straight with me (actually I always take two...).

Why punish yourself with less than the best when on the road?:thumbup1:

Top Bottom