Saturday, September 25, 2009:

Merkur twin blade handle :glare:
Gillette Trac II Plus cartridge :sneaky2:
Rooney 1/2 Super Silvertip :thumbsup:
AoS unscented SS :w00t:
T.N. Dickenson's WH :rolleyes:
Royall Mandarin ASL :001_tt1:
Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel :cool:

Don't be frightened -- the fixed head Trac II can give a fine shave in the right hands and on the right face. Mine is smooth as a baby's buttocks. :biggrin:

I'm gonna go take a shower now...

Silver thin bar-handled New w/ Feather
QED Fresh Lime SS
Simpson's Butterscotch Brush
Alum
QED ASSC (I added Lemon and Lime EO to this one!)

Gillette Blue Lady
Super Iridium Blade(3rd shave)
Semogue 2000 Boar Brush(maiden voyage)
SCS Orange Sorbet SS
SCS Mediterranean Citrus Splash

2 passes and done; the Super Iridium blade leaves my skin feeling smooth and ploished during(and after!) the cold water rinse.

marty

Saturday Morning:

Hot Shower/Hot Towel
1953 Gillette 40's Style SS
Astra Superior Platinum (Shave #2)
Omega Stripey Badger 63171
Park Avenue ENJOY SC
Skin Bracer Cooling Blue A/S
TSD AS Milk

Well now isn't this a bit of a different feeling than last time? Face doesn't feel tight or raw at all. The difference? I didn't use the beard trimmer this time. Just upped my number of passes and things felt much better. The Astra is a pretty decent performing blade. I'm going to give the Shark another try on Monday and see how they compare. Still looking for that Swede replacement! The Park Avenue ENJOY was a treat brought back from India by a friend of mine. I have the Classic version which I liked very much although it did smell quite a bit like a pine tree. The ENJOY has a VERY nice scent. More perfumey and pleasant than the Classic. Both perform quite well. Thanks Matt! I can't figure out why Mennen decided that Skin Bracer Green was worth keeping on the shelves more so than the Blue. The Blue is undoubtedly better. Good stuff today gents. Good stuff! Enjoy the weekend.

proxy.php

Saturday Morning Shave:

Hot Shower
Shavemac Custom D01 Silvertip
Super Iridium (5th day)
Nancy Boy Shave Cream :thumbup1:
Late 40's S/S
WWR/CWR
La Toja A/S
Proraso Balm

I am really impressed by the longevity of Super Iridiums. I am pushing to see how far my mug can take this blade

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

C&E Sandalwood Soap
Semogue 620 Boar Brush
Dorko 8/8 Spanish Point Straight Razor (Oh yeah!)
Veleiro After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm

proxy.php

Saturday

CF Pre-Shave
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Wilkinson's Sword Shave Stick
Mach3 with Rooney handle
Thayer's Original Witch Hazel with Aloe

The lather that these tallow-based shave sticks crank out never ceases to amaze me. There is nothing remarkable about the scents (DR Harris being the exception), but the shave is exceptionally close and comfortable even with the damned cartridges.

Love the half and half with the color.....But be honest Henry, is the Puma the END ALL to be ALL of vintage straights?

Thank you!

That Puma is a fine, fine shaving razor. Could I honestly call it the best ever? Doubt it. At the same time, I've not found a razor that shaves better. What I am really enjoying is how long it's kept an edge. Coming up on two years!

Strangely, no shave today. Micah and I built a pirate shack from pallets. Almost as cool as a good shave. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Maybe a TV special Gillette super with a Mama Bear's glycerin and CO Bigelow cream super lather combo?

Saturday:

Noxzema
Hot Towels (3)
Speick Shave Stick
Rooney 1/1 Finest
Le Grelot
Royall Bay Rhum
Homemade Bay Rum
Hydrolast Peppermint ASB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom