Razor: Rooney DE
Blade: Gillette Swede
Brush: Rooney 1/2 Finest
Soap: MWF
A/S: Lucido splash followed by Castle Forbes Preshave balm
Edt: AdP Colonia Intensa

good morning -

today's set-up:

Merkur HD / Derby Extra (Day 3) / Silvertip brush / William's + KMF Unscented / Thayer's / Nivea Extreme Comfort Balm / Old Spice AS as cologne

Hardware: Gillette Tech w/Derby blade, Big Red (Omega Professional Boar Brush), Weller Bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Spearmint Glycerin Preshave, QED Lemon/Cederwood soap, witch hazel, SCS Bay Rum w/Twist ASM, SCS Bay Rum w/Twist EDT

I got a great shave, I smell great and it's going to be a pleasant sunny day here in H-Town. Life is good. Now if I could just close something.

Jack Black Beard Lube as a pre-shave with a hot towel
Merkur 38C / Astra Superior
Rooney 1/1 Super
TSD Cedarwood SS
TSD Sandalwood Splash w/allantoin
QED Texas Cedarwood ASSC

Great shave this morning!!

Dick

Wednesday:

Preshave: 40 minutes of basketball
TAM Woodworks Silvertip
Arko Shave Stick
1940's SS with Swede (Day 3)
Alum Block
Thayer's Superhazel
Provance Sante Green Tea AS

Institut Karité super-lather / Semogue 750-I
Edwin Jagger DE89L / Red Pack Personna
Laboratoires OSMA Pierre D'Alun
Institut Karité After Shave Balm
D.R. Harris HIS Toilet Water*

*a discontinued EdT

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Wednesday

Almost anytime I receive a newly acquired razor or brush, I use TABAC since it has been such a benchmark soap for me ( and others).

The maiden voyage of this newly acquired Puma proved fantastic along with the classic Kent BK4 and TABAC. Thank you Martin!

'63 Gillette Slim Adjustable

Polsilver blade (much more impressed than on first try/blade, but I've only got 3 left and these are discontinued! :frown:)

Proraso Crema Pre Barba

Gentleman's Refinery Unscented Cream

Thayer's Witch Hazel After Shave

Thayer's Alcohol Free Rose Petal Toner

Nivea Sensitive Extra Soothing Balm

After bad-mouthing the Burma-Shave kit and being told I was too harsh, I decided to be fair and give it a chance.

Well, to my surprise things went quite well!

SOAP: In a Burma-Shave mug (with faded lettering). Turns out to be a decent lather-maker, but see next ...

BRUSH: A boar brush. Worked out a little better than I thought it would. I was able to generate a pretty good lather -- a little thin and watery, but that was probably because I wasn't used to either the brush or the soap and because I decided to face-lather for the first time. The brush also made me go back to the soap to get more lather for the second pass. That batch of lather was a bit better than the first and lasted through the third pass and some touch-up.

OTHER STUFF: A Gillette NEW: one of my favorites. Thayers alcoohal-free, unscented, Witch Hazel: something new I am trying as an after shave splash and I think I like it! Also used a sample of T&H Trafalger ASB for the first time. Still trying to decide if I like it.

OVERALL: I got as good a shave as is typical for me. Same destination, but not quite as luxurious a ride to the end. Got there in my Chevy instead of my Caddy but got there just the same. Saw this along the way on US Route 66 ...

My job is Keeping
faces clean
And nobody knows
De stubble
I've seen
Burma-Shave

Wednesday

Razor: 6/8 FW Engels "Leader"
Brush: Rooney 1,2 Super
Soap: DR Harris Marlborough
A/S: DR Harris a/s milk (old)
Edt: Crown Perfumery Imperial

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: German Wilk (#2)
Brush: Shavemac Pure
Soap/Cream - Superlather w Tabac cream and soap (sublime)
A/S: Kiehls FF

Was late getting up this morning so I did a quick clean-up at lunch..

Basically did a repeat of this:

proxy.php

With this added:

proxy.php

Wednesday February 11, 2009 11:30am

Brush: BBE
Blade: Dorco (last time)
Razor: 68 Slim Adj.
Cream: Noxema (from Moi, I hate you more now, it was fantastic)
AS Splash: SCS Med. Citrus
AS Balm: SCS Nutriment
Cologne: D&G Light Blue
Lip Balm: Dr. Bonner Lemon and Lime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom