What's new

Whats a LAUREL ?

Hey folks ,whats this that I've bought ?
View attachment 36234

Thought it was a Gillette old style ,but it has LAUREL SHEFFIELD pinted round the ball end on th handle.No numbers only MADE IN ENGLAND .

Having searched the net I can only find laurel ladies razor

Think I've made an expensive Boo Boo:blushing:

Thats a weird lookin razor head, the bottom of the head is curved like the top of the head is curved.

I've seen a picture of a razor like that in the "shaving in the movies" thread in the general forum.

Besides the tiny ladies razors Laurel made full sized sets as well. I will post some pics of a set I have when I wake up.

Here is a shot of a Mini Laurel I have in my collection.

proxy.php

Cheers guys

I knew the plate was upside down in the sellers pic ,but thanks anyway for the mention .

I would still appreciate an identification,the gillette box I assume comes from a different razor .

It's obviously well used as it has a lot of brass'ing ,might give it a whirl tomorrow

The Laurel was first produced in 1930 based upon a 1919 trademark. Note that it was designed to use the three-holed thicker blades. That said though, I would imagine it would be very similar to the Gillette Old Type, which I love.

proxy.php

The Laurel was first produced in 1930 based upon a 1919 trademark. Note that it was designed to use the three-holed thicker blades. That said though, I would imagine it would be very similar to the Gillette Old Type, which I love.

proxy.php

Thank you

Thats mine alright,though mine's not in as good a condition,also the head doesnt carry the LAUREL legend .

Probably not a fantastic score for £21 ,but hey ,its another piece of history saved :001_smile

Top Bottom