What's new

Discussion Thread For QED Select 24mm Best Badger

I just got a 22mm Silvertip in yesterday. The one and only brush I had handled before that was a C&E BBB. When I slid the box open and removed the wrapper my jaw dropped. Mind you I've never even seen a "nice" brush prior to this. The C&E BBB works quite well, but it doesn't really have presence.

I'm gonna shave with it in a few moments. I got a bunch of other stuff in too from QED, so I'm having a hard time deciding what to use. I think Tabac, never used it before.

This was an eye opening shave. Any of you had one of those moments of revelation, where the planets have all aligned and you feel like you've had a glimpse at shaving nirvana? I can see why Tabac gets such rave reviews. The brush was just awesome, much softer than the C&E BBB, and much more dense. I know it's not the 24mm best, so my posts are a bit out of place in this thread. Needless to say I'm impressed with Charles' brushes.

Cetaphil facial cleanser
QED 22mm silvertip
Tabac
Gillette Fat Boy
Feather blade (day 4 on the blade no less)
QED Cypress after shave conditioner

all these people praising the QED Selects is making me wonder if the cost of his SR's are worth it any more if you are looking at the 20 - 24mm knot range.....

all these people praising the QED Selects is making me wonder if the cost of his SR's are worth it any more if you are looking at the 20 - 24mm knot range.....

I couldn't say. I've never seen a Rooney or a Shavemac or a Savile Row or a Simpson's, or any of the other well regarded brands, so I don't know how the QED compares to them. I think it's pretty sweet, but have no basis for comparison. I'd imagine denser brushes exist, though this one isn't lacking. I can see if you strictly use soaps a short loft Rooney might suit you better. This really is a big, bulb shaped bloom. My BBB positively looks like a toy next to it. I somehow feel the 24mm might be too big for me, my 22mm is more than large enough.

I also have to say QED seems like a great place to shop. They have a nice variety of products, and Charles shipped my whole order for $7.50, almost seems like it would have been at a loss at that price (Brush, 2 QED soaps, 1 Tabac with jar, and a bottle of aftershave conditioner). He threw in a couple samples of Trumper creams without my asking too (coconut oil and GFT).

All of these are post bloom, 22mm silvertip. Consider that the BBB has a 21mm knot.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom