What's new

Carbon Steel Feathers?

Those are also available from Ted Pella. I've not tried them. The stainless Feathers are plenty sharp for me.

If you decide to give them a go, note that carbon steel blades rust much more easily than stainless. You'll probably have to wipe them down or give them an alcohol bath after each use.

I tried them a while back - didn't really do anything for me.

Have you priced out anyting from this vendor - they sell the GEM and injector blades, both of which look exactly like those sold by Ted Pella, so this might be a good option for Canadians.

I tried them a while back - didn't really do anything for me.

Have you priced out anyting from this vendor - they sell the GEM and injector blades, both of which look exactly like those sold by Ted Pella, so this might be a good option for Canadians.

I planned to order some from Ted Pella on my last group buy--even at $0.75 a blade--but they were out of stock. I think Suzuki's experience is common, and really, when you can get Stainless Feathers for a third that price...why bother with the carbon steel?

I've tried them too.

Not really any good for shaving if you ask me. YMMV and all that.
They dragged and pulled like only a Merkur could. I've always found Feather to be the sharpest. These are definitley different.

If you really want to try some, send me a pm and I'll send you a couple.

Wayne

Top Bottom