What's new

Shaving In the shower

Do you shave in the shower?

• Yes

• No

• I do both, depends on my mood.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been shaving in the shower for the last few days and have noticed a big difference as it has reduced much irritation for my skin lately. I just wanted to do a poll to see how many others here are doing the same thing. What do you prefer?

After the shower it's the shaving party and
After the shaving party is the hotel lobby and
After the Belve then it's probably AS, and
After the original it was probably this!!! :wink:

For those of us who use straights its not advisible. Its not good for the scales or blade unless they are stainless, a drop will destroy the razor and probably remove part of your anatomy.

Regardless of prep, my skin gets torn up if I don't shave in the shower. I guess that's 20+ years of my skin liking the steam when I shave.

My two friends that shave their heads both said they shave in the shower. I don't as my routine includes coffee. Prep a little have a little coffee, shave a little have a little coffee. I like my coffee mug (Old Spice coffee mug that most dealers think is a shaving mug), I like my coffee (Community Club), and I like my morning routine.

Shaving in a hot shower with a DE or multi-blade is can be very comfortable. However, the best hot environment I've experienced is in a sauna. The beard is a soft as it can be and results in an extremely close and comfortable shave.

I shave in the shower every day......as I've posted before when this topic comes up, I find it much easier to keep my face hydrated and all in all I get a superior shave this way. When traveling, I shave at the sink and the shaves simply are not as good. I will say I have a pretty elaborate setup to do this without wasting water (the reason for sink shaving on the road).

That stated, I don't think I'd attempt it I ever took up the straight razor for the reasons cited by Thebigspendur; even though I've never dropped a DE, I wouldn't want to risk damaging a razor or myself.

I also used to shave in the shower when i used disposables, now with the DE I stand at the sink and shave like a grown up.

I also used to shave in the shower when i used disposables, now with the DE I stand at the sink and shave like a grown up.

I'm afraid that my Grownup Manual (3rd edition) is missing the page on "standing at the sink to shave." :rolleyes:

I tried it using a fog free mirror. It doesn't work for me. It especially doesn't work on the days I use a straight razor.

Top Bottom