What's new

Shaving In the shower

Do you shave in the shower?

• Yes

• No

• I do both, depends on my mood.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I see many good posts from both points of views. Good stuff! Waste of water is also a minus for shaving in the shower. When I shave at the sink, I turn the water off, so naturally in the shower, I also turn the water off since it makes it easier to see and wash the razor from the lower tap. If you can't see your face clearly in the mirror, your mirror is not fog free. You can rub some soap on it or spray it with windex or similar to make it fog resistant. I don't have a high quality mirror at all and it has worked just perfectly for my needs.

Also, a good point to note that not everyone can access all of their shaving equipment easily while in the shower. I have a shower rack with an old plastic razor holder. I am looking into making the area more accessible so I can set my brush/soap down and reach it easier as I am constantly looking for ways to make good use of small spaces.

So again, many positives and negatives on each side. I have been trying both. One day in the shower, one day at the sink, and I am really enjoying both.

If you really want to experience the benefits of shaving in the shower, just get the proper equipment....
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=181227&postcount=7

No wasted water in my house....shaving with the water-saver shower head pictured allows me to toggle the water on & off to rinse the razor after a few strokes & my face between passes (I use this head for entire shower; the shower massage on the other side of the diverter is SWMBO's). I'd be willing to bet I use less water for a 20 minute shower+shave than she uses for her shower with the other shower head.

The pictured mirror isn't "small & worhtless" either...it works very well, and is even lighted. Trust me, I can see fine, I'm not overlapping, and no lather is "sliding off my face". I am BBS after every single shave.

The best part is the final cold water rinse. The water-saver is a very fine spray, and when I cut off the hot water and let that cold spray rinse my face, it feels very invigorating.

I have that mirror, might be a newer or older version, has the light but also has another razor attachment instead of the one on yours.

I see the water usage in this way, I am paying for the water myself, if I choose to use a lot of it, so be it, it will hit me in my wallet.

I, however, choose to turn the water pressure down with the controller on the shower head. All water that goes down the drain goes to a treatement facility where it is put back into the river here, that might sound gross but that water is actually cleaner than what is in the river upstream where our drinking water comes in.

Straight razor + wet hands + wet floors = far too much possible causes to cut myself, and not only on my face...

I have been shavivg in the shower for almost 15 years now and won't stop. I used to have a small cheap suction cup fog free mirror/shelf, but for fathers day this year, I got a mirror that connects between the supply pipe and showerhead. There is a small valve that diverts a trickle of water down the backside of the mirror. This keeps the mirror warm and thus, fog free. It's great. I have on occasion shaved at the sink and even right after a shower, the results are not as enjoyable. Re-prepping the face and such. I just get better results in the shower. So, I will continue to shave in the shower! Happy shaving!!

J

Jumpingoff

I'm lucky I guess because if I'm in a real hurry I can shave in the shower or immediately after w/o using any shaving cream. No irritation or anything and it saves me about 5 minutes which counts when your cutting it close. :tongue_sm

When I shave in the shower my face has been prepped by several minutes in a steam-filled enclosure. I have a large shower stall with a fog-free mirror in it, so I can clearly see what I'm doing. lathering up is a cinch, and shaving in this steamy environment is nice and smooth. When I'm finished, I turn the hand-held to a soft, icy cold spray and gently run it over my face. What a great end to a glorious shave. And no, I wouldn't even think of doing it with a STR8.

The only downside I have noticed about shaving in the shower is not being able to hear the DE slicing at the whiskers which is a sound I have come to enjoy after all these months of DE shaving. That said, I have gotten the most irritation free shaves in the shower than outside. Maybe I need more practice. But it's safe to say that I'm enjoying both. I like to use soap in the shower when I shave and creams when I shave at the sink. Both ways have been good, however I feel that whiskers cut easier being in the shower as there is steam all around so the prep and lathering is more enjoyable.

I used to have a small cheap suction cup fog free mirror/shelf, but for fathers day this year, I got a mirror that connects between the supply pipe and showerhead. There is a small valve that diverts a trickle of water down the backside of the mirror. This keeps the mirror warm and thus, fog free. It's great.

I've seen these, and wondered how effective they are long term. If you get a chance, would you update us on your satisfaction with this device in a few months?

I tried it out for a couple weeks a year or so ago. Of course, I didn't have a mirror or anything to I was pretty much shaving blind. But, at that point, I was still water shaving, so it was "alright". By alright I mean, I never really get good shaves anyways so why bother? This was with a Mach 3. Still have it until I get my straight in a few days! I'm just ready to be done with cartridge razors.

Top Bottom