What's new

Acquisitions February 18 to February 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are all from ebay, with the exception of the Gillette NEW, which I found in a junk store.

In order of appearance:

1959 Fat Boy (E4)
1966 Super Speed (L3)
GEM MicroMatic (?)
Gillette NEW (30's?)

This isn't the prettiest Fat Boy that I've ever seen...it has some brassing on the doors and a few scuffs here and there. It seems mechanically sound, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl!
full

full

This Super Speed was in pretty bad shape when I got it from ebay, but it cleaned up pretty nice. Really lite wear, no brassing.
full

full

I've still not used a GEM, although I have a few. This one is in really good shape, just a couple of pits on the head.
full

This NEW is in really good shape. The open comb scares me a bit, but one of these days I'll try it out.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a Muhle-Pinsel R89 open comb razor, plus a couple of strange (to me at least) aftershaves: Stephan Alpine Menthol and Black Magic. Cant' wait for tomorrow morning! :w00t:

Pics added. Note: The Alpine Menthol is new, it lost about an ounce or so in transit.

full

Muhle's packaging and presentation beats Merkur's.

full

Jim,

I have been shaving with an open comb Gillette Tech all week and I love it!! That looks like a FANTASTIC razor. I hope you have many years of BBS shaves from it!!

Nice scores! Don't worry about the NEW. It provides an excellent shave and it really isn't especially aggressive.
These are all from ebay, with the exception of the Gillette NEW, which I found in a junk store.

In order of appearance:

1959 Fat Boy (E4)
1966 Super Speed (L3)
GEM MicroMatic (?)
Gillette NEW (30's?)

This isn't the prettiest Fat Boy that I've ever seen...it has some brassing on the doors and a few scuffs here and there. It seems mechanically sound, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl!
full

full

This Super Speed was in pretty bad shape when I got it from ebay, but it cleaned up pretty nice. Really lite wear, no brassing.
full

full

I've still not used a GEM, although I have a few. This one is in really good shape, just a couple of pits on the head.
full

This NEW is in really good shape. The open comb scares me a bit, but one of these days I'll try it out.
full

I went to the Ft Wayne flea market and managed to find what looks like a 1904 Double ring in box (box has seen better days), a 1917 Tech Set (silver, pain in the rear to polish!) and a container to use for my barbicide (which is really just an old glass soda straw container). Grand total = $16! Of course I took pictures too.

From Beauty Habit:
Speick Kit: Shaving Cream, AS Splash, and Boar Brush

From Shaving Essentials:
J.M. Fraser's SC
Mitchell's Wool Fat refill
D.R. Harris Arlington refill (backordered)
A really nice selection of samples X2 since the John's knew this was a shared order with another member (thanks Drewfer).

B&B 2006 silvertip in horn - with added £16.49 in import duty!!!!!! Bloody post office
TOBS avocado cream tub

Cheers,

This week I recived Mama Bear's Spell Bound Weeds soap and Lemon/Cedar weed.

1 Gillette NEW
1 Gillette from the 1920's
and 2 other Gillette's from ebay.

I have not recived the razors in the mail yet and don't know enough about iding them yet to know what models they are.:wink:

Not anything to help me shave, but my new Stowa Marine Automatic arrived yesterday and is pictured here with a few of it's friends from the Deutschland.

That is one of the nicest looking watches I've seen in a long time. So simple and clean! Very nice!

Not anything to help me shave, but my new Stowa Marine Automatic arrived yesterday and is pictured here with a few of it's friends from the Deutschland.

proxy.php

I've been kind of curious about this product since seeing the lame commercial for it. I don't quite get the "energizing" aspect of it, but it's awesome as a moisturizer! My skin feels amazing after using it! I like!

That is one of the nicest looking watches I've seen in a long time. So simple and clean! Very nice!

That's what really dre me to this one...the understated elegance.

The back is where it really gets fancy. Almost makes me want to reverse the strap so I can just watch the movement all day!

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom