What's new

Favorite Quote(s) or One Liner(s)

If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research - Albert Einstein

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway - John Wayne

Don't say it's a fine morning or I'll shoot ya - G. W. McLintock

Words to live by:

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Beware the man with only one gun… he probably knows how to use it.

Lou from his Gem Jr. PIF thread:

"People appreciate the service rendered and the honor given to this nation more than you will know, and more than mere words and action can state..

Our freedoms are a testament to your vigilance, your courage, your bravery and selflessness.

There may be a few eager to criticize, there are some who wish they could have served, and there are many who will be forever grateful."

Wow brother, just wow!

Formoer NJ Governor Brendan Byrne, who I always thought of as being very serious has an excellent sense of humor. He just came up with this nugget:

"When I die, I want to be buried in Hudson County, so I can remain active in politics."

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Just a few of the wonderful quotes from Robert Heinlein's characters:

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's side. I did not laugh; people who boast of ancestry often have little else to sustain them. Humoring them costs nothing and adds happiness in a world in which happiness is always in short supply.

I’ve never understood how God could expect His creatures to pick the one true religion by faith—it strikes me as a sloppy way to run a universe.

Glad to see this one come back, KoK!

Worst EVER Quote

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'

~Barack Obama~

Waves follow one another in eternal pursuit.
Life is a journey: death is a return to earth....
The universe is an inn: the passing years
are like dust.... I am awake.

-Buddhist scriptures (AD 100-400)

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

"Wives are people who feel they don't dance enough."

"Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know."

"I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt."

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."

All of the above from Groucho Marx

"Well, Art is King! Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know."

FTFY :lol:

" I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really: get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. " Tim Robbins as Andy Dufrense in "The Shawshank Redemption".

"It is what it is"- Anonymous

"After all is said and done, more is said than done"- American Proverb

"We all drink from wells we didn't dig"- Anonymous

"In Hawai'i we greet friends, loved ones, or strangers with aloha which means with love. Aloha is the key word to the universal spirit of real hospitality, which makes Hawai'i renowned as the world's center of understanding and fellowship. Try meeting or leaving people with aloha. You'll be surprised by their reaction. I believe it, and it is my creed."

Duke Paoa Kahanamoku

"Aloha is the intelligence with which we meet life"
Olana Kaipo Ai

"All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song."
- Louis Armstrong

"One doesn't recognize the really important moments in one's life until it's too late."
- Agatha Christie

"One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one."
- Agatha Christie

"The only good reason to have money is this: so that you can tell any son of a ***** in the world to go to hell."
- Humphrey Bogart

"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population."
- Albert Einstein

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"While hunting in Africa, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How an elephant got into my pajamas I'll never know."
- Groucho Marx

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- J.R.R. Tolkien in The Fellowship of the Ring

"All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song."
- Louis Armstrong

"One doesn't recognize the really important moments in one's life until it's too late."
- Agatha Christie

"One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one."
- Agatha Christie

"The only good reason to have money is this: so that you can tell any son of a ***** in the world to go to hell."
- Humphrey Bogart

"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population."
- Albert Einstein

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"While hunting in Africa, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How an elephant got into my pajamas I'll never know."
- Groucho Marx

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- J.R.R. Tolkien in The Fellowship of the Ring

:thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom