What's new

Favorite Quote(s) or One Liner(s)

Another one of my favorite Pulp Fiction quotes, and one that I often use (in tone at least, usually the situation demands that the words are a bit different):

Zed: Well, I guess you're gonna have to go wake him up now, won't you?

Here's another Eric Hoffer quote/paraphrase that has an interesting relationship with the first one..

"Freedom is the capacity to feel like oneself."

Last edited:
Perhaps this has already been posted, as I haven't read all 23 pages of this thread, but here are a few Douglas Adams quotes that I love and are always worth repeating:

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
-from Last Chance to See

And a pair of quotes from The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, one silly and true and another just silly:

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

AND

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

How'd you like this book? That's a really cool quote. :thumbup1:

Like all books by Douglas Adams, it is a fun, witty, and at times irreverent read. The book is a companion to a BBC radio documentary where Adams and zoologist Mark Cowardine travel all over the world, attempting to encounter various endangered species.

I recommend that if you read the book, you first listen to the 1989 BBC documentary that goes along with it. Oh and there are two books by that title, one being a sequel written by Cowardine in 2009. You want the version written by Adams from 1990. Happy hunting. :001_rolle

Last edited:
A few favourites of mine.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

- Lazarus Long (Fictional Character)

There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works. - Will Rogers

Believe that you are defeated, believe it long enough, and it is likely to become a fact. - Norman Vincent Peale

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. - Socrates

A man can't be too careful in his choice of enemies. - Oscar Wilde

The only thing that saves us from bureaucracy is its inefficiency. - Eugene McCarthy

Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake. - Napoleon Bonaparte

A vicious gem by Terry Pratchett:

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

The United States Marine Corps - Providing the enemy an opportunity to die for their country since 1775. - Unknown

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!
MGen. Frank E. Lowe, USA; Korea, 26 January 1952

The United States Marine Corps, with its fiercely proud tradition of excellence in combat, its hallowed rituals, and its unbending code of honor, is part of the fabric of American myth.
Thomas E. Ricks; Making the Corps, 1997

I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!
General of the Armies Douglas MacArthur; Korea, 21 September 1950

We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
during the assault on Grenada, 1983

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

One of the companies I work with is doing something that will 100% be of interest to you people on here, especially this subforum. Details hit the press tomorrow and I'll cut you guys in the loop in this thread.

One of my favourites :lol:

Top Bottom