What's new

Discussion thread for Nivea Gentle face wash review

I don't use the Sensitive version of the Nivea Men line, I use the Skin Essentials line (dark blue color) and I find the corresponding face wash quite good as well.

The Skin Essential face wash (or Double Action) was the one I was using 2 years ago, but it was a bit drying for me ; it has been reformulated though, so I might give it a try...

I'm happy with the dark blue Nivea (Skin Essentials Double Action) but after reading what you wrote and reviews on www.drugstore.com, I think I'll try the Extra Gentle that you reviewed when my current tube runs out or I just feel like something different. Maybe it will be less drying. Dryness isn't much of a problem, though, because I do wash at night, and by morning my natural oils have moisturized my face again.

I've been using the Nivea Double Action face wash (for normal to dry skin) and it works great compared to other stuff I've tried. I only get occasional pimples, but when I do they tend to be big ones. The Nivea has eliminated this problem. I was hesitant at first to use it every day, because with past products I tried, everyday usage stimulated more oil production and fewer pimples but really big ones when they finally broke out. The Nivea clears up my skin completely. It catches everything in the early stages or the late stages. The pores on my forehead and the sides of my nose are more refined. I now use it every night before bed. My skin just looks better overall. In the past I tried Clearasil and, more recently, Noxzema. The Nivea, in my opinion, is far superior to either. And it's reasonably priced, around 5 bucks at Wal-mart. I just wet my face really good and then rub a little of the gel real fast back and forth until it lathers, and do this all over my forehead, nose, and surrounding area. I spend a lot of time rinsing, as I want to make sure and get it all off.

By the way, I do not use face wash on the part of my face that I shave. It always looks great, so I figure why bother.

Billy

i´ve been using the old control version for a couple of years (green tube), its nice, but not such a great product, im testing out bodyshop tea tree oil foaming face wash right now,

I remember using that a few years ago and I really wasn't impressed. It seemed to dry out and flake my skin the second after drying off like any other facewash. I've started to whip up some lather with my shave soaps on my non shave days to wash my face and I'm really happy with that. My skin feels softer, looks better, and feels better.

I remember using that a few years ago and I really wasn't impressed. It seemed to dry out and flake my skin the second after drying off like any other facewash. I've started to whip up some lather with my shave soaps on my non shave days to wash my face and I'm really happy with that. My skin feels softer, looks better, and feels better.

Which one ? the Sensitive , the Oil Control, or the Double Action ?

I've used the Sensitive and Dual Action. I actually preferred the Dual Action and found it be less drying, exfoliating beads and all!

No, the Double Action has no exfoliating beads.

I was speaking of the Double Action face wash, not the Nivea scrub.

For me, the sensitive is the least drying of their washes

Top Bottom