What's new

Please don't hurt me.....

But I finally accepted defeat against MWF.

Just been trying to coax a lather out of it yet again, due to some recent threads.

Nope, I was right, I cannot darn well do it.

Shaving should be enjoyable and and I get very irritated and wound up by this soap, so....

It's now a nice shower soap! :eek:

John

No worries John. I think half of the forum agrees with you...the other half wants you drawn and quartered.

Its all good bro.

Now...where is the fun in that?

If you hang him first, he'll never experience the pleasure of the drawing and quartering!

Now...where is the fun in that?

If you hang him first, he'll never experience the pleasure of the drawing and quartering!

Sheesh, don't you know your mediaeval execution techniques? :rolleyes:

The fun (for us, not so much for him) is that he is hanged until he's almost dead, then taken down disembowelled (and made to watch his innards being burned in front of him) then quartered. They still do it here (unofficially of course) for crimes such as towing a caravan - sadly it's not, but it should be :frown:

Last edited:
Interesting...you've prompted me to dig into some research and get back to this thread...

Runs away to the bookshelf...stomp stomp stomp....

Ok...I missed the hanged part you are correct!

However, that doesn't seem to make much sense with human physiology...guess they didn't have the knowledge back then. If you slightly hang the guy (and it appears to have all been men except on the Isle of Man), then you cut off his oxygen supply.

Cut it off almost to the point of death and the individual is likely to be in a drunk or euphoric state...lack of oxygen to the brain could actually result in a reduced feeling of pain when the drawing, quartering, burning etc was taking place...

Ha Ha, there was a caravan being towed at 45mph on the A14 this afternoon. Similar thoughts were running through my head as I competed with lorries, coaches, tractors and a few push-bikes to get past it. :mad3:

Cut it off almost to the point of death and the individual is likely to be in a drunk or euphoric state...lack of oxygen to the brain could actually result in a reduced feeling of pain when the drawing, quartering, burning etc was taking place...

Yes, but reduced from x level of pain to y level of pain, both x and y being pretty damn high levels of pain I expect!! :biggrin:

True, true.

It would take a pretty drunk or euphoric state to not be worried when your large intestine is being roasted over an open flame in front of your eyes.

Just been trying to coax a lather out of it yet again, due to some recent threads.

Shaving should be enjoyable and and I get very irritated and wound up by this soap, so....

John

Ive had similar results - until I used it as half of a superlather amalgam.....

Ha Ha, there was a caravan being towed at 45mph on the A14 this afternoon. Similar thoughts were running through my head as I competed with lorries, coaches, tractors and a few push-bikes to get past it. :mad3:

I wish it reached the dizzy heights of 45mph on the A697 and A68... that would be luxury. As it is 35mph average is all that can be hoped for (that's 15mph through the interminable twisty bits and 60mph on the (rare) straights - with speed cameras on a hair-trigger)

John

before you give up, give the MWF a shot with a thin layer of Proraso Pre/Post before your first pass.

the lather gets remarkably denser!

Bummer it hasn't worked out for you so far!

Not sure what you've tried or haven't tried, but heavy brush loading and face-lathering has always done it for me...

I like josh's recommendation of pre-post to help the lather...you could even take it a step further and put a snurdle of cream in the breach of your brush before loading on the puck.

Face-lathering, though. Seriously the ticket. Best of luck!!

Some things I'am just plain allergic to such as Truefitt & Hill Balms.
I just find the things that work for me and move on.

Bruce

From my crack research (noticing a few posts here and there), it seems that some of the people who dislike MWF are unable to get it to lather due to their water. It's a soap that seems to be very picky about how hard the water is. Have you tried heating up some bottled water to see if you are able to get a nice lather out of that to rule out the problem being from your tap water?

Not that there's anything wrong with passing on the soap, but my experience with MWF has been remarkably good, with an excellent lather and great performance. I guess I'm among the lucky half.

What kind of brush are you using? How much water? How long are lathering? I can usually make a decent lather with MWF with a silvertip, but it takes a tad longer than most soaps. People say a good boar hair brush is best.

When someone complains about not getting a good lather with MWF the board springs to life with- "You gotta use a boar brush" or "It might be your water" or "You gotta work with it--it's worth the effort"...

But----

When somebody complains about not getting a good lather with Williams--

"Oh---that's cheap crap..I can't make it lather worth a darn!"

This is one crazy hobby..

Marty E.

Top Bottom