What's new

Need redommendation for new anti-perspirant

I am in need of a replacement anti-perspirant that is gentle on the armpits. I have been using an Arm and Hammer unscented powder type that worked fine, but they changed the formula and now it makes my armpits itch. I do have some skin tag type moles and the new product irritates my underarm area.

I am lookng for something that provides some heavy duty coverage, but not the itching. I cannot use most of the run of the mill store bought stuff, and it must be unscented.

Suggestions are welcome.

Try the alum bar rock deoderant. That is what I use. Basically it is just an alum block just like you use on your face. I bought two. They both also have aloe in them and I use one on the old face and one under the pits.

proxy.php

I have tried the Tom' s and not been happy with them. I smelled like a forrest from the unscented version.

i dont believe the Mitchum worked either.

I have stuck with one deodorant/anti-per. my entire life: Ban roll-on. Its extremely effective and I've never had any trouble with it bothering my skin. I especially like scents other than their original, and the larger-sized bottles they came out with.
I did try their solid version and the gel....and didn't care for either. The solids always seem to drop clumps and both go much faster than the good, 'ole roll-on.

I switched from antiperspirants to deodorants and never looked back. I got tired of having yellow armpit stains on my white shirts. Sharps and Speick make a great deodorant.

Ditto with the Almay unscented gel. It goes on a little goopy, but it's not bad. I apply it sparingly as soon as I get out of the shower, and by the time I'm done with my shave and put my shirt on, it's dry. It's totally unscented and leaves no powdery residue. I find it to be effective.

I still have not been able to locate the Adidas product for men. I found powder scent for a woman, but it does not seem to be in widespread distribution yet.

The Almay is ok, but messy. Every time I take the cap off it drops leftover goop on the counter.

I have had good success with this Crystal deodorant in the liquid roll on format.

It is nice to have armpits that do not itch! Testing will continue.

Reside in a high temperature and humidity location. The unscented Toms works exceedingly well. Unsure how it compares with other brands mentioned in the thread.

Has anyone tried the line of aluminum free antiperspirant or deodorants from Adidas?

I have used them, but I've not seen them on shelves in a while. They seemed to work ok. I had to use a lot, though. I sweat like Michael Jackson on a supervised visit to an elementary school.

Any of the Speed stick 24/7 line, the best I have ever tried and I have tried them all. Feels super comfortable like almost wearing nothing. Works super hard too, the scents are very clean as well.

Mitchum Sensitive Skin or Almay.

+2 I have both and they both do the job.
Mitchum keeps me dry without staining my clothes or irritating my skin. Almay doesn't stop the perspiration at all, but it does stop odor, works best for stay at home weekends.

Has anyone tried the line of aluminum free antiperspirant or deodorants from Adidas?

You mean the CotonTech right?

As a heavy perspirator I tried this product. I personally didn't like it. It ended up being my emergency back up PP (Stands for Pit Protector, something me and my brother used to say as kids and still use it now in our 30's. :biggrin:)
I was very intrigued by the fact that it was aluminum free, thus reducing the cause of such things like amnesia.
However, it was quite irritating at first, and the protection did not las that long. I'd use just for short spells such as when I go out to play footy. (soccer)

Top Bottom