What's new

warp speed/FTL drive/hyperdrive

I just came back from here and let me tell you, my head is spinning...

Short story is that yes, it was used to push debris and whatnot out of the way. I assume the computer is used to avoid steering into a planet or sun though, since pushing one of those out of the way would have some unintended side effects.
I have been playing around and reading on that site for about an hour now. Amazing, though mind-boggling, stuff. Going to go read some Heinlein to veg out after that.

So, memory-alpha's definition of a warp field states that it "warps space around the vessel".

Would't that by definition include any debris in the space being warped "around the vessel"?

Hole in the canon, methinks, new movie notwithstanding.

So, memory-alpha's definition of a warp field states that it "warps space around the vessel".

Would't that by definition include any debris in the space being warped "around the vessel"?

Hole in the canon, methinks, new movie notwithstanding.

I got up at 5:00AM this morning and haven't slept much, so the Trek trivia part of my brain is kinda shutting down at 3:50PM... but don't they always get out of the way of major obstacles (planets, asteroids, etc) before going to warp anyway?

I know they can't do it too close to a gravity well. But I've seen them practically warp out of atmosphere too, so :wacko::wacko:

Top Bottom