What's new

Electric Safety Razors and one odd duck.

Among the slew of stuff I just bought from an older gentleman there were these two electric saftey razors. The brass-head SE is a Tark, from the 1930s. The unmarked black DE is, I'm pretty sure, a Miracle, also from the 1930s. If anybody has a clue what these are worth I'd sure appreciate knowing. Also, there was this Elgin Kwik-Shave, which I can't find any info about. It's patented May, 1939. The box says Model V, the razor is actually a Model A. I realize this is outside the wet shaving field, but I'm at a loss as to where to go to learn more and figure if anybody has a clue it'll be a B&B member.

The two at the top are probably worth in the 15-25 dollar range, as I've seen similar razors go for that price before. They might be worth more, but IDK.

I've always found those early "electrics" fascinating and more than a little dangerous as the idea of a 120v AC device used near a basin full of water without any kind of GFI a bit crazier than I am.

Have you plugged one in? Some of those DE's apparently vibrated, while others simply heated the head of the razor (supposedly delivering a better shave). If you do plug it in be careful though, those cords look shaky.

Nice finds BTW.

EDIT: By vibrating, I am under the impression that the blade inserted into the razor physically moves back and forth, not that the handle shakes.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, electric shavers often go unpurchased on eBoy. There is not really a lot of interest in them. I think they are totally cool. Although I must admit, I have not picked any up - what is with that??

For whatever reason, electric shavers often go unpurchased on eBoy. There is not really a lot of interest in them. I think they are totally cool. Although I must admit, I have not picked any up - what is with that??

I didn't pick one up because the seller wanted 20 bucks, and I wasn't about to shave with it.

I think they don't get picked up because no one wants to try putting them near a basin of water.:lol:

Both of these razors work. Actually, the motors sound really good to my innocent ears. And that's about what I figured they'd go for. Anyway, I'll give them a try on eBay and if they don't sell it'll only be a few more days before I can legally offer them on the B/S/T although if anyone here is interested they could PM me and I would make them a mucho good deal.

I didn't pick one up because the seller wanted 20 bucks, and I wasn't about to shave with it.

I think they don't get picked up because no one wants to try putting them near a basin of water.:lol:
Do you know of anyone who has tried to shave with one of these?

On another note, I've never seen this type of safety razor. I have to admit they're kind of cool looking.

This Was An Electric Razor (And Face Massager!) in 1926
$yrkfi5j9dagepv05woq3.jpg

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/this-was-an-electric-razor-and-face-massager-in-1926-1654056329/+ericlimer

I believe Geofatboy made a presentation of an old electric DE razor which resembled the one in the second picture, but was too intimidated by it to try a shave.

Top Bottom