What's new

Penhaligon's Elixir-opinions?

What are folks' thoughts on Penhaligon's Elixir? I got a sample of it and am quite taken by it. Very intense wood/oriental. But I am afraid it is the type of thing I could tire of and that not everyone will like as much as I do in the first instance. Reminds me of Gucci Rush, which I used to really like, except everyone in a while someone would innocently ask whether I had been polishing up some furniture.

Got a whole bunch of sample from Penhaligon's for free by just asking. Not all that blown away by most of them. Need to try the Hammam, I guess. Did get a sample of English Fern. The shaving creams are sure nice! Pretty much felt the same way about T&H. I do like the Grafton's.

I just got the collection with 4 of the Penhaligon's scents (Blenheim Bouquet, English Fern, Endymion and Quercus). I have had the chance to try all but the Quercus so far and have been pretty impressed. I thought the English fern would be my favorite but so far it's the Blenheim Bouquet.

I unfortunately did not get a sample of Elixir, but I'll have to look for one now. I just wish Penhaligon's wasn't quite so expensive. Good stuff but it will take me awhile to collect some bottles.

I like Elixir. It is pretty unique, but still quite balanced and not entirely bizarre. Something in there keeps me coming back to the wrist where I put the sample. I might end up with a bottle of this eventually.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I didnt care for the elixir to much. It dried down to a very eucalyptus scent on me. I own every scent minus Quercus/English Fern and Elixir.

Saying that I find my favorite scents are Raquets/Endymion/Opus

I am holding the Blenheim Bouquet sample in my hand and a decant of the cream came today. I like it. Not sure I quite love it. Used to wear L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme frequently. BB seems similar in that it is very citrus forward. BB seems to have more pine underneath though and seems to have a purer aroma, which seems high quality. I think I got kind of burned out on the Issey and that may be carrying over to the BB.

I think I need bigger samples! Hard to get a sense of what these would be like to wear all day mulitple times based on 1.5 ml.

Love Elixir and am a Penhaligon's fan in general.

Elixir is very rich, deep, elegant, perfectly balanced, and lasts all day. Was one of the best blind buys I've ever made.

Love Elixir and am a Penhaligon's fan in general.

Elixir is very rich, deep, elegant, perfectly balanced, and lasts all day. Was one of the best blind buys I've ever made.

Thanks. Still feels like love at first whiff to me on the Elixir. I am not sure i remember being this instantly drawn to a cologne previously. Something in it must go straight to my lower brain stem for some reason.

The Hammam Bouquet seemed okay, but not spectacular and not much like the Elixir.

Really liking the Blenheim Bouquet, though. Kind of the opposite from the Elixir in that the BB did not much appeal to me at first, but has really grown on me.

By the way, I meant in my first posting, that I did not have a sample of English Fern.

Guess I am starting to be a Penhaligon's fan overall though. Complex, finely crafted stuff.

Just got a sample Elixir and I am not that impressed with it when sniffed from the bottle. I'll try it on to see how it smells on me but so far I don't care to much for it. I also tried the Quercus yesterday. Smelled like a dang daffodil all day - not for me.
Along with the Elixir sample was a Castile and one of Opus. These two seem very promising!

Top Bottom